Chapter 6

After he was done crying tear streaks were on his face. He sighed and sniffed"I'm sorry, that you had to see me this way"

"No it's fine" I said looking at the security gate, my stomach made a loud growl, Gabriel looked at me and pointed at my stomach.

"Was that your stomach?"

" Yeah" that's when I realized I still had my energy bar in my backpack. "Wait I do have something in my backpack" he turned at looked at  me I reached into my backpack and pulled out the energy bar. I looked up at him " I know it isn't much but it will hold us over" I tore into the wrapper and half the bar with Gabriel we both took a bite. The salt and the grains of the bar were so good , I kept on chewing and chewing then I took another bite it was a good as the first bite. When I finished I still had that good aftertaste in my mouth. I looked t Gabriel he was still chewing his last piece he swallowed and said " that was the best thing I ever had " I nodded " me too"

He  looked around

" So we're do you wanna go now?"

I shrugged my shoulders" I don't know anywhere"

Well let's make sure there all gone first. He headed towards the security gate and crouched down to pick it up, I joined and we both held the gate and looked at each other " ready?" He says tightening his grip " ready" we both pulled up the gate, the gate made all kind of screeches, we pulled faster. We got the gate halfway he said " go under and hold it on the other side"

"Okay" I let go of the gate and went under I looked around to see if anyone was coming. Nothing. I held on to the gate "okay I got it go" he let go and he scurried under, we worked together to bring the gate down. We slowly let it go from our fingertips

" alright... lets do this" he said pulling out MY gun he paused " oh right" he looked at me and handed the gun to me. I thought to myself maybe he is a better shot than I am
"Keep it your probably a better shot"

"Okay" he checked to make sure there was any bullets.

"Huh?" He said in a puzzled tone.

"What?" I replied

"You only shot once...have you ever shot a gun before?"

"Oh" I said a bit embarrassed " yeah, I found it yesterday and I only shot it once."

"Oh " he chuckled "how did that go?"

I pointed at his arm " How's that arm?"

He looked at his arm and smiled " it's pretty good just sore"

"Well at least it didn't get infected" I said  as I went down the old stairs.

"Ain't that the truth" he had his gun out looking every direction. I looked everywhere it was pretty quiet. We were close to to the broken window when I stop right in my tracks I whispered "Gabriel....Gabriel quick come here" he fast walked over and said " what what's wr-". There stood a few feet away from us was Victor and Kyle. ".Oh my God he's still alive" Gabriel's expression looked surprise.

"who?" I said looking at him

"Victor...he's been looking for me ever since I left his stupid facility"

"What why?"

He grunted

"cause he knows that I'm one of his best soldiers and Im probably the only solider that isn't afraid of him and he hates that and I also gave him that scar on his face when I was escaping he grabbed me and we both crashed into a window I grabbed a piece of glass then wham! He screamed and let me go"

"Oh" I said "Dang that must've been hard to escape"

"Yeah it was all of these gun shots flinging pass me and Victor yelling "I'M GOING TO FIND YOU GABRIEL SMITH AND I'M GOING TO KILL YOU"

"Man...glad I didn't introduce myself to him when I saw him with Kyle" I said looking at Victor and Kyle's direction.

" Damn we got another flat Kyle" said Victor looking at one of the trucks tires "Well I-I guess we have to search and find supplies to fix the tire....right?" Kyle couldn't even look at Victor in the eye, Victor smiles and slapped him on the back"Yes excellent..that's my boy" Kyle gave Victor a weak smile and began to walk towards the mall and Victor followed.

"Crap! We got to do something " I said in a anxious tone

They were coming closer there footsteps getting louder. My heart was in my throat

"This way" Gabriel said I quickly followed he went through one of the Windows and headed for the woods when all of sudden gun shots rang in my ears and a angry voice that said "SHOOT HIM!! GABRIEL IS RIGHT THERE VICTOR HE'S HERE!!! Gabriel shot back which caused the angry man to fall down and hold on to he's bleeding leg. Victor ran out of the mall and barked "DON'T JUST STAND THERE GO GET HIM!and the truck roared up and with full speed came right towards us.