Chapter 1:

Today is my fifteen birthday. Yep, I have survived for fours years on my own, from hiding, running and scavenging for supplies. I don't have any weapons besides a pocket knife that my dad gave to me on my tenth birthday and a old rusted hammer that I've found. I was searching for supplies food, water , medicine any thing really. I came upon a store the sign was old and faded I could barely read it it said "Buster' s Fleas Market". I looked inside and the main entrance was barricaded by shopping carts. I sighed. "Know how am I going to get inside?". I looked around back and there was fence with a small gap on the left bottom corner. On the other side there was an opened window that led inside. I tighten my pony tail and walked towards the fence., the gap was quite small ,but it was big enough for me to go through. I went through and went towards the window, the window was very high up I tried jumping up ,but it was too high. I looked behind me and there was a dumpster that look like it hasn't moved in decades. I went behind it and pushed. Didn't budge. This time I set my back against the dumpster and put my legs on the wall, I pushed again and this time it made a loud screeched across the concrete. I immediately stopped what if someone or something heard the noise my heart started to beat faster, but nothing happened not even a sound. Weird. I shook my head and pushed the dumpster faster, the screeches made different sounds. I tried to go as fast as I could my heart beats faster every time the dumpster collided with the concrete. When I stopped moving the dumpster I heard a man scream then a gun shot. It rang through my ears, then there was nothing. I scurried on top of the dumpster and climb up to the window and went inside the store.