Chapter 4

I walked up to Sam's body he was just laying there , his head was covered in blood he had a  hole in his head from Victor. I searched his pockets for anything useful he didn't have anything. When I flip him over there was his gun. I picked it up, I haven't actually shot one or even held one before I study it very carefully then I pressed a button and the case that held the bullets pop out it was fully loaded. I put the case back and put the safety button on and  I stood up looked down at Sam and I too left Sam's body behind.

_____________________________

I came across a mall it was quite big. The letters on top of the building were really big it said "Liberty's Mall"  it looked like it's been here for decades. I went through the broken window and inside were different things, confession stands, sale signs, and different stores, some had the security gate down. I held my gun and switch the safety off and I slowly walked around. Then sparks flashed to my left I quickly turn and pointed my gun at that direction, it was only sparks from a broken light, I lowered my gun and looked at the dim flashing sign "Drug store and Pharmacy" I went inside it was really dark, I could barely see a thing , but on the ground was a bandage wrap with little rainbow butterflies on them, I put in my backpack and looked some more. Nothing. There was a second floor I went up the broken escalator and when I reached the top a loud crash came to the right, I pointed my gun in that direction immediately, and I slowly went the opposite direction. At the dead end of the second floor there was a hunting store it had hockey sticks, golf clubs and baseball bats. I looked for the camping section , so that I can find a flashlight. Nothing. No flashlight to be found. That's when I heard a loud thud and a voice that said "oh sh-" , then a teenage boy fell on his elbows clenching a baseball bat. He made  contact with me, I didn't know what to do , so I pointed my gun at him then he charged directly at me, I pulled the trigger it was loud he yelped and held his arm "Arghhh" I didn't say anything he looked up from his bleeding arm "So are you going to finish it?" He said in a mature tone, I was confused "finish what?"

He sighed "you know killing me taking my stuff that kind of thing" I had no words to say I was still shocked that I actually shot some stranger. I turned around and started to walk awake " Hey! Where you going!? He yelled, I turned to face him" Why do you care?" I snapped back he shrugged his shoulders " I don't know seems kind of odd a ten year old wondering around alone don't you think?" I walked towards him "Okay first of all I'm fifteen and second I've been surviving on my own without anyone." His eyes softened "y-your fifteen? I'm seventeen I've been surviving on my own since I was fifteen" I eased back " So how old were you when all this started?" I asked

"Thirteen what about you?"

"Eleven"

I looked at the ground then back at him "hey look im sor-" Running footsteps came our direction followed by croaky roars

"RUN DTV'S!" He looked at where they were coming from

"A what?"

"JUST RUN!" He yelled

We both ran down the escalator ,but we were met more I looked around to find a safe place until there as a store with a half open security gate I pointed " Over there!" We both ran inside and we started to close the gate, but when we pulled down the gate he stop " Crap my arm" he removed his hand from his arm it was bleeding really bad. I handed him my gun" here just cover me"  I pulled down as quickly as I could when I finally closed it loud bangs and roars came from the other side. We both looked at each other catching our breath he said " man that was close"

"Your telling me how's your arm" he looked down and shrugged his shoulders " It's throbbing a little"

"Sit there I'm going to find something to clean it with" I did a quick search and by surprised I found hydrogen peroxide. I got back to him " raise your sleeve" he slowly raised it and and there was blood on his sleeve and hand. I got into my backpack and got out the wrap "Umm" he said I looked up "come on really rainbow butterflies seriously I'm not a three year old girl" I smiled and rolled my eyes. I poured the peroxide on his arm he flinched "sorry" I say beginning to wrapping his arm "there all done" he looked down and moved his arm around "Thanks"

"No problem..........hey look im sorry for shooting you in the arm"

"It's cool at least you didn't kill me"

"Right"

"Now if you will excuse me I think I'm going to rest up and let this arm heal"

"Okay night" he lays down and turns away from me. I lay down too and I couldn't go asleep I was thinking of all what happened today Victor, Kyle ...Sam " Hey by the way" I looked towards him " Names Gabriel"

"A-Alex" he nods and turns back over, I looked away and stare at the ceiling and thought to myself.

Victor, Kyle, Sam and now Gabriel are the first four people that I've seen during the apocalypse.