Chapter 16: The Glow

My eyes fluttered open to the sight of a sleeping Eric. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping, and I admired the way his eyelids fluttered in his sleep. I took a moment to gently kiss him on the cheek, I pulled away to look at him and I quietly slipped out of the bed.

     I realized that I was naked, so I went in to his closet to borrow some clothes and I ended up taking a white t-shirt and some black sweatpants. I closed his closet door, I quietly crept towards the window, I made my way out of the window and onto the roof. I put a leg over the roof, I felt for the porch fence to climb onto, when I did I put both feet down and grabbed the porch column and I ran to my car. I immediately started it up and headed home.

     Once I made it home I quickly grabbed my clothes that were strewn across the passenger's seat, I balled my clothes up and put it under my arm. I took the keys out the car and stepped out into the morning sunlight. I was hoping that my parents were still asleep.

     Suddenly, my father came walking down the porch, he stopped and looked at me with furrowed brows, "Did you take the car out this morning?" He asked curiously.

     My heart stopped for a second, and I looked up at him trying to compose myself, "Uh, yea, I did actually." I lied, "I just felt like taking it for a spin." I added.

     My father pursed his lips and nodded his head in agreement, "Okay, then darling." He smiled, "I need the keys. I've got to get to work." He said as he stretch his arms out for the keys.

     I handed them to him, and headed to the truck. I ran my finger through my hair, I started to walked towards the house, but my father stopped me, "Darling?" My father said in a curious manner.

     I reached the porch stairs and turned around, "Are you glowing?" He asked in wonder.

     I touched my cheek and smiled, "Well, I guess it was the morning drive..." I gave him a small smile. But, I knew the real reason was Eric...

     "Maybe you should do it more often." My father suggested.

     I started to blush and internally I was laughing at this. He didn't know the real reason was Eric, and I had no intention of telling him, "Maybe..." I trailed off.

     My father smiled and nodded at me, and he started up the car.

     I turned and walked into the house. I made my way upstairs, I entered my room and closed the door behind me. I plopped down on the bed, I felt a smile creeping onto my face and I covered my face with hands. I still couldn't believe that I did what I did last night, however, I'm glad I did.

     Suddenly, my door opened and I removed my hands from my face to see Rose standing there in a yellow sundress, and her brown hair in braided pigtails, "Van...?" She called out my name softly.

     I sat up to look at her and I smiled at her, "Yes?" I replied.

     Rose moved towards me, she scanned over my outfit and she searched my eyes for something, "Are you okay?" She asked curiously.

     "Yea, why?" I asked with furrowed brows.

     Rose tilted her head and stared at me, "Because you're smiling more than usual." She pointed out.

     At looked at her confused and said, "No, I'm not." I stated.

     Rose grabbed my hands and walked me to my full-length mirror, and she pointed to a wide smile plastered on my face, "See." She said cheekily.

     I looked down at her and said, "So what? I can stop anytime." I replied.

     Rose put her hands on her hips and tilted her head at me, "Fine, then stop smiling." She challenged me.

     I looked at myself in the mirror and I tried to stop, however, I found it very hard to, "There's something wrong with you."

     I looked down at Rose and shrugged my shoulders, So, what? I'm happy." I said, "Is that a crime?" I added.

     Rose stood up straighter, she crossed her arms over her chest and narrowed her eyes at me, "Where's Eric?" Rose said sneakily.

      "He's still sleeping." I said before I could realize that I had just given myself away.

     Me and Rose made eye contact, and she looked back at me with wide eyes, "How would you know that?" She asked with a smile.

     "Isn't everyone sleeping at this time?" I asked somewhat nervously.

     "Wow, you're so bad at lying." Rose stated, "I mean come one don't think I didn't notice that you had Eric's clothes on." She added.

     I looked down at what I was wearing and looked back at Rose, "What do you mean?" I asked, "These could be mine."

     "Key phrase 'they could', but, they're not." She shot back, "Plus, I saw Eric wearing that shirt at the BBQ." She added.

     I slumped my shoulders and raised my hands up in surrender, "Okay, you caught me, but, don't tell anyone." I warned her.

     Rose started to squeal and was jumping up and down, "Oh my god! Van, you didn't!?" She said surprised.

     I gestured for her to keep quiet, and shushed her, "Don't be so loud. Mom could hear you." I whispered.

     Rose stopped and motioned that she would zip her lips, "I won't tell anyone." She promised.

     "Good."

     Rose leaned in and quietly asked, "So, you guys did it?"

     I sighed and looked at her with a 'really' expression, "Go." I chuckled.

     "You did." She giggled and left my room.

     I was on a high from last night and didn't know if I would ever come down from it. I was really starting to like Eric, he made me feel different and I don't know good...

-----------------------------

Dear Readers,

     Here's the next chapter, and I hope you like it! I think Lavender and Rose's relationship is so cut! What do you guys think?

     P.S. I wanted to dedicate this chapter to Lindsey_Nicole_Mckee and theoutsidersthebest for reading most of my stories and for always commenting such nice things! I thought you guys deserved a shout out! :)

QOTD: Do you think Van should have left Eric there? What would you have wanted to see?

Sincerely, Ana XD