Chapter 20

-Samantha's Pov-

My eyes fluttered open to a bright white room, causing me to wince at the light level.

After my eyes adjusted, I looked around the room.

The familiar beeping in the room gave it all away. I was back in the hospital.

It seemed nobody was in my room, so I decided I would get up, but didn't. I felt large pain in my ribs, and a wrap on my left arm and shoulder.

I didn't remember what happened to me, everything was so blurry from the details of when I was last awake.

I shot my head up to see a doctor. "Well, hello Ms. Evans. Nice seeing you awake." He told me nicely.

"Hi doctor. Um.. How did I get here exactly? I can't exactly remember the details." I said to him, really confused.
He hesitated, but responded. "Well, you came in here about 8 hours ago from a group of friends. One boy said that you were hit by a car, as well as another one. You had a small frac-" He said before I cut him off.

"Which friend is hurt?" I commented to him in deep panic of what he just told me.

"Well, for your safety, I will have to keep that a secret because I have to let your other friends decide if you should know, because both of you were in pretty bad shape when you guys arrived, and they know you better than I do." He told me putting his hands onto his lap.

My head was disoriented from all of the information. The names of them bounced around in my head, feeling the pressure build.

Freya.
Ethan.
Tobi.
Harry.
Allison.
Veronica.
Tami.
JJ.
Vikk.
Josh.

The names spun around, until the one name came up, and I nearly passed out.

Simon.

My heart started to pound, my breathing became irregular, causing the heart monitor raced, and the doctor rushed towards me, calling for the nurses.

My head started to fog up, and a panic attack was beginning. The walls started to close in on me, suffocating me. The air I had in my lungs stopped working, and the lights that brighten the room started to dim.

I felt a small pain in my right arm, and the light dissappeared, letting sleep take me over.

~~~

My eyes opened again to see Vikk pacing the floor back and forth, both hands behind his head while Tami sat behind him, head in her knees, small whimpers escaped her every now and then.

"Hey guys." I said weakly, feeling the pain.

They nearly jumped from there spots with wide eyes.

"Samantha, your awake!" Tami screamed at me excitedly.

Vikk held his hands to his face in shock. "We didn't think you would wake up so soon. Doctor said you wouldn't be awake until after-" He stopped himself before he said anything else.

I stared at him with a confused look. "Until what?"

Tami looked at him, and shook her head in disagreement.
"Guys, the reason I woke up again is because I had a panic attack because I didn't know which one of my friends got hurt. Don't do this to me." I spoke very serious, and very demanding.

Vick stared at Tami, but gave in. "Okay. So Simon tried to save you from the car that you got hit by, but you both were hit. He is in surgery right now, the doctor wanted you to wake up after it, so you wouldn't worry as much." He said, rushing every word.

"Hold on. Simon tried to save me?" My heart started to feel the mixed emotions. He did try to save me, but he got hurt in the process.

My eyes got watery, and tears started to stream down my face. Tami tried to comfort me, but it didn't work.

Vikk came over and tried as well, pushing away the tears, and tried to do what Simon does, look into my eyes, but his dark chocolate eyes wasn't the same.

I heard the door open, and hid my face from whoever walked in.

"She find out?" I heard the voice say. It sounded familiar, but it didn't connect to me.

"Yeah. She isn't the happiest person right now." I heard Vikk's voice say softly.

I heard footsteps come over to the side of my bed.

"Hey Samantha. Can I talk to you?" His voice said.

I turned to see Josh. "What do you want to talk about?"

He looked down at his feet before he spoke again. "I just wanted to say I am sorry for the airport incident. I didn't mean what I said, and I don't know what happened to me. All I remember is going to talk to Ethan, and then my mindset of you changed before I got to him."

I was really comfused. "I am sorry, but I don't remember anything from the airport since it was before the accident. I accept your apologie, though."

I wished I knew what happened yesterday, but I don't think I wouldn't have wanted too.

"Oh. That's fine. Do you at least remember where we are? We all wanted to have fun this week, but until you are released, as well of Simon, we can all start to enjoy it."

I started to think for a second. The memory of the fight attendant popped into my mind. "Yeah. We are in Hawaii for our holiday."

Josh gave me a small smile in return. "Well that is good." I rubbed my good shoulder without the wrap on it.

"So are we good?" He said back to me, with hope in his eyes.

"We will always be good Josh." I told him, trying to hug him, but pulled back before I could finish, feeling the pain in my ribs.

He gave me a stern look. "Stay resting. The more you rest, the quicker we can get out of here." He said, waving his finger in my face.

I really wanted out of this place, but knowing Simon was here too, I just wanted to get to him.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷Didn't think I would pull the small amnesia card on ya, did you?

Well, to be fair, I didn't think that either.

I really think I should hide since I hurt Simon in this story.

Well, if you guys did enjoy, leave some feedback, and see ya!

-TheBaconist