Chapter 21: That Night From Years Ago

-A/N: Sorry for the long wait of like a month... Huge writer's block and school, and moving, etc. AND my phone turned off and lost 1 hour worth of writing :( so I had to rewrite that part again... Anyways, the good thing is that this chapter is over 3ooo words! :D *Vote* *Comment* *Enjoy* <3

Please tell me if you know who the rose Rémi talked about is!! ;) <3

•CHAPTER 21: That Night From Years Ago•
-Marco Cassano-

As I swallowed the small bite of fish and finished 'tasting' it, I put on a pondering face and held my chin with my left hand while staring at my plate before declaring out loud my final judgment.

"Surprisingly, that salmon is actually delicious. Huh... didn't expect that from a lower class restaurant"

I looked at him as he was almost going to stop eating midway, but brought nonetheless his fork to his mouth, obviously taking into account the fact that we're in public.

He proceeded to glare at me while doing so, and after he finished at last, spoke out,

"You're incorrigible, Marco" he said with a ghost of a smile and and a raised eyebrow.

"Well, this is only a three-star restaurant, Marco's making sense. I mean, even I am surprised, but there's also the fact that you can never go wrong with salmon to be honest" Rémi added.

Luciano simply looked at the both of us with now a very annoyed and bewildered expression.

"I should make you both live like an average person eating fast-food and cup noodles a few times a week to knock some sense into you" he said shaking his head.

I simply laughed at that while Rémi's face paled at the 'horrifying' thought that my brother just suggested.

"Lower class for them is a three -star, unbelievable" Luciano muttered while continuing to eat off his plate.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. For a man of such a grand fortune and status, he was too accustomed still to the ways of the middle and lower classes. I guess that must be because his mother wanted him to experience as much as he could from both, or rather most, 'worlds'. He for sure did not turn out to be a spoiled brat, but more so somewhat attached to the commoners' ways of living even 'till this day.

Rémi coughed, attracting both my and Luciano's attention to him as we turned our head to look at him. The restaurant we were at was obviously in New York, but in a less urban and crowded area of the city. It was quite nice and I found myself to like their black, red and gold themed decor. The staff was polite and satisfying and the rest of the clientele were well-mannered themselves too, surprisingly enough.

In all, the atmosphere was quite nice and the round table the three of us were seated at was far enough from the other tables to have some sort of discrete privacy between us while conversing without being unable to hear a little of the noise produced by the restaurant as a whole.

Rémi blushed furiously for our intense and curious staring was longer than a few seconds now and he swallowed the food in his mouth before speaking out,

"Sorry, sore throat" he smiled sheepishly.

We narrowed our eyes at him and pursed our lips at the same time before he exclaimed again,