Chapter 1: Wanting Her

(Edited: September 1st, 2015)

•CHAPTER 1: Wanting Her•

-Luciano Cassano-

I looked at the woman in front of me. One must say she's quite pretty, beautiful even. However, that might be just for the interview like all the other women who came here.

Making themselves look as good and presentable as they can is, after all, a sign of professionalism because it allows me to see that they at least have the decency and determination to do so for the interview part of the recruitment process.

Though they do not know that I am Luciano Cassano and the CEO of the company, it makes it easier for me to judge by myself who gets chosen to work for me, after all it's my company. I would not want some dimwits incapable of following instructions and being proper to work.

I don't care if my employees don't look like the latest runway fashion models, but they should not look like they just woke up in the morning either. Plus, it is best for Cassano Co. that I assure the quality of the workers myself since I know who would work best with my subordinates, if they are fit to work not only for me, but also with me for the sake of Cassano Co.

Among the five persons who came for the interview, she was the only one who looked different. Not indifferent, but not bored either, as if she would love to have this opportunity of a job, but wouldn't let the rejection of it crumble her in pieces.

Confident?

Almost, but not quite it. More like an optimist... Well, in any case she seems rather interesting but it still isn't good enough to be chosen, I'll have to wait and see what not only she, but the other four have to say and answer.

"Shall we begin?" I asked to the two other interviewers to my left.

They nodded in response.

The three of us were sat behind a large desk, my seat on the farthest right. Behind us was a large window, while in front were the potential recruits, all sitting in their designated chairs.

"As you all know, this is the last step of the recruitment process, only ten out of the two hundred who initially applied will be picked. You are in group D, which means that you were among the twenty selected for the interview" I started, looking at them, one by one.

"Two persons are selected per group and therefore we have so far six persons chosen to work for us starting this month. Four places are left but only two of you will be chosen. Now, who will it be?" I asked in a way that they knew better than to actually answer but I succeeded none the less at making some nervous and some just thoughtful.

This girl seemed in-between, but still looked like working at Cassano Co. was not such a big deal or accomplishment.

I have to admit that it's not really offending, it's actually quite refreshing to see that she seems to think she is able enough to always do better the next time. It's a good attitude to have in this domain.

I continued talking,

"It all depends on what you have accomplished so far and thus, keep in mind that this is only a part of the process and not what will for sure give out our final decision" I said to end of my introductory speech, though they knew that this would still be one of the major parts of the recruiting process since we have already established to this point that they reach the minimum demands in work skills and aptitudes as well as capacities.

Now was the time to know if they are as able on the inside than on the outside.

Mr. Jerdily was one of my most trusted employees when it came to good judgement and I knew he would not fail at knowing whom would fit my expectations and standards. He is without a doubt a person I could find myself asking for opinions or comments about the applicants to finalize the selection of new employees.