Chapter One

"You?" She faced him open mouthed.

"Ariana?? I haven't believed my ears when Bruce told me that you are here."

Ariana was surprised, she didn't believe her eyes at first until she heard his voice. Her heart was beating rapidly. She was shocked and hoped the ground would open and take her down to wherever.

"What are you doing here?" She gave him a questioning look nervously taking few steps in the room standing away from him.

"I'm the bank manager of our New York bank. This question should have been asked by me." He shot her a teasing look which made her uneasy.

"How? How you are here? Mr Manil told me that you have already traveled to California and supposed to return after six months!" She said trying to breath normally and hide her fears.

"But just take a look, I am here. And yes I was about to travel but I have some issues here. So I delayed it till I fix them." He gave her a cold answer with a strong clear voice sitting on his big comfortable seat.

"So, What do you want from me?" She asked without knowing what she was saying but she felt that he already knew she was coming.

"From you? I thought you are the one who wants something from me! Did you forget that your legs brought you here? In my bank?" Martin added.

She was embarrassed, she's the one who came to him.

Dammit, what is happening to me! I hope I would die... I am not ready to see you now, Martin. I was so happy cause I was finally able to forget you. Why are you reappearing in my life again! Now!
Ariana thought.

"You still haven't answered me. Why are you here?" His strong confident voice made her feel a little bit insecure about herself.

"Mr Manil requested from me to work here. I have no idea about what type of work I will be taking. But, it seems like I have made the wrong decision to come here. I didn't expect that I will find you at all." She sat on the visitor's seat, she was tired and didn't bear standing up there arguing with this possessor.

"Well, that's good. What would you like to do here?" Martin leaned his back on the seat.

"I would rather never work in my life than to work in a place you are in, Martin."

"To that extent? Okay, I'll pretend as if I heard nothing. Be smart and don't lose such like this dreaming job." He kept playing with his pen.

"Who told you I need a job? I took it as fun and for pleasing Mr Manil."

"That's great, thank you for pleasing my dad. So, are you ready for the interview?" He said opening his desk drawer bringing some papers.

She was burning inside now, she hoped she could pour the cup of water which was on his desk over him.

Did he really say an interview? Does he want to interview me? Does he mean to insult me?
Ariana thought.

"Hey you.. What did you say? Are you deaf? I told you I would never work with you under any condition. And this interview make it to yourself. I am seeing you so careless and boyish. You don't deserve to be a bank manager. You better replace Bruce, I will talk to Mr Manil about it, don't worry."

He faked a laughter... "Calm down baby girl calm down." he was burning inside but trying to hide it as much as he can.

"Don't call me baby girl. I dislike it when strangers call me that. Please use your work manners." She gave him a silly smile and took her bag towards the door to leave when he prevented her by blocking her way.