11

Luke

After Calum kissed me and fled, I did whatever a normal person would do and avoided him like the plague. Every class we had together I sat as far away as possible and stayed away from him during lunch time. I should be the bigger person but I knew I had to stop this crush he has on me as I was interested in Ashton not him. Even if Ash was into Michael. Which is completely wrong. Who would even ship them with the name "Mashton". Its got the word mash in it for starters.

Sitting alone was starting to get to me. At least when I was with Calum I could talk about nothing and he'd just sit there and listen, but I had now done all my homework for the week and if I had my phone out it would easily get taken by some loser teacher. I wouldnt get it back till one of my parents get it. This is why schools sucks and I want to drop out but the other reason I want to stay is for a degree at the end of it.

"Hey Luke, where's Calum? You normally come as a pair" May asked jokingly. "We arent on speaking terms at the moment". "Ooo, trouble in paradise" she questioned. "We arent even together, you know I dont like him in that way" I argued back, wishing she wouldnt challenge me about my feelings. "You say that like you don't notice something thats more important than what you think" outwardly she looked calm but I didn't know her well enough to comment. "Notice what, that hes a damn fool who I only see as a friend" I exclaimed. "Not that. The fact he's willing to give you the galaxy where as Ashton would only be willing to give you a star. And in this world a star is worth nothing" She retaliated. A look of confusing crossed my face. Who said anything about astronomy.

"Maybe I want just a star" I fired back. "No one just wants a star, it like settling for last place rather than fighting it out for first" She had a point, you strived to get the better mark, to be the better person but I didn't like Calum in that way. At least I think I don't. I always gone for the sport type in a way but Calum been my best friend and this isn't a movie. Friends are always better off friends. "You can fix what ever you choose Luke. You can see if Ashton would like you or you can fix things with Calum. You can be friends and then if you feel its right then you can test the waters. Somethings last don't have to stay the same forever" May added quietly getting up and leaving me to ponder over what she said.

Looking across the grass field, I spotted Calum and Michael kicking a ball back and forward. Calum seem to catch a glimpse of me looking and I moved my gaze away in which I found Ashton sitting by himself. He was far enough away from them so I moved over to him. Might as well test and see whether May was right. After all, it was Ashton who thought Calum and I were in a relationship in the first place. "Hey" I went making Ash look up. "Hi Luke" He went moving his bag so I could sit next to him.

Do I came straight out with it or do I ease my way into it. I contemplated for a few seconds creating the decision to ease my way into it other wise I would sound weird. "So, you know the third question we received on the math test, what answer did you get for it?" I asked even thought it made no sense since I was better at math than Ashton. Mum perks. "I got twenty nine, which I'm sure you got, so whats the real reason you came over" He questioned. "I'm lonely" I lied quickly. It was the first thing that sprung to mind and it was kind of true. Although I was beginning to question if I need to become a better liar.

"Why dont you make up with Calum then, hes being mopping around and third wheeling with Michael and I" Ashton explained. "But he's made things so awkward between us. We would have been fine if we hadnt kissed me and I hadnt blurted out some of the things I actually said". It wasn't even Calums fault I had started it all with bring up something that had happened along time ago. Not that I was about to full admit to that. "Good things can come out of things that begin awkward, when Michael asked me out it was awkward as hell. I never even know him to be so nervous but its turned out pretty good" Ashton pointed out looking at Mike with a smile on his face.

"So you really like Michael then" I queried not liking where this was heading. "I do. Its kind of crazy since we aren't so different as I first thought we were" Ashton went still smiling at Mike, "You do know Calum's keeps glancing at you. I'm sure if you apologise, you can go back to being friends again, if anything he looks pretty jealous that I'm talking it you". I struck a quick glance and indeed Calum was looking at Ash and I with a pretty sour expression on his face. Ashton had cleared up the question of dating me since he was happy with Michael and I wasnt about to do what Calum did. It was too messed up.

"I'll think about it" I went getting up quickly in order to prevent any further questions. I needed to at least think about what I was going to say. I had brought up some pretty mean memories for him and as much as I think he'll be forgiving I'm not so sure a simple sorry will do. I need a plan and a will and possibly a way too.

A/n This has been a long time coming, opps. I planned for twenty chapters so I hope to get this finish by october. I still dont know what Calums done so I better get thinking!!! :') Thanks if your still reading x

Edited - 15/4/20