6

Luke

After giving Cal his sandwich I bolted off to find May before class started. I felt bad ditching him since we normal spent time together, but it was too weird. I needed to find out why May did that dare. It wasnt random, because none of us were that drunk or stoned. Tipsy maybe, but not drunk. After all we can all vaguely remember the night clearly. I still had some form of common sense to write her name down. My conclusion had to be we weren't that out of it.

I knew she'd probably be at the swimming pool since it was the only place with water in the school and it made sense, since she helped her boyfriend train most mornings. Opening the pool door I was hit by the smell of chlorine and the sound of splashing. It tickled my nostrils slightly and I was glad I wasn't a swimmer. Getting up early to train and have to smell like chlorine all day was not something i'd enjoy.

Kind of like why I don't play football like Calum or Micheal, I don't want to get up early. Sleep is nice. Sleep is good. Making my way towards the pool and a girl with long blonde hair who was wearing a bikini and a pair of flip flops. I felt slightly over dressed in comparison with my skinny jeans and tank. Along with my shoes that where about to get soaked. Not that I was going to take them off because then I'd have to remove my socks and who knows what viruses are on this floor.

"Luke" May's voice rang out clear like a bell as she looked up at me. She quickly stood up and lifted a stop watching in the air pressing pause so that people swimming would know there not being time and could rest. "Hi May, could we talk" I asked. I didnt want to jump the question straight out, plus she might actually be busy.

"Sure thing, lets move away from the edge of the pool so we dont get splashed" she smiled. We headed over to the edge where there was a bench and towels hanging up. "So, whats on your mind?" she questioned. "Well I wanted to ask you about the dare"

"Ask away". "Well I wanted to know why did you say it. I mean me and Calum are just friends and it makes this awkward" I added trying rephrase so I didnt hurt her feelings. Just in case. "You dont see what the rest of us in school sees. The way you stare at each other when the other isn't looking and, well, for example no one gets up super early to make and give their friend breakfast even if they are that close. Reality is that no one has asked either of you to date them as they have always assumed you are. If anything the dare was just given you a label. No one has questioned it" She explained.

"Thats where your wrong, I like Ashton, not Calum and I do those things for his since we are really close" I argued back. "There's your problem. Are you sure you like Ashton as more than a friend, because one thing I know is that Ashton only sees you in that way. Calum on the other hand see's you more than a friend for definite. Have you not seen the way he looks at you. The way his face lights up when he see you. Its the same way Nixon looks at me"

I stared at her for a long time processing the words she spoke. She was wrong, completely. Ashton definitely was beginning to see me as more than a friend. I was sure of it. And so what if Calum likes me, it will only be a crush and he'll move on. There some out there thats more attractive and nicer than me. Someone who's on his league. There always will be. May's wrong. This dare isn't correct and I'm going to prove May wrong. Calum and I aren't meant to be.

A/N Short update I know but I wanted to give you guys something. Thankyou so much for 800 reads x
Edited 12/04/20