Chapter 001

I'm gonna try. Try to make this chapter good. I read so many light novels about, well, you're about to find out I guess. Ahhh~ Just hope for the best. Don't expect much. First person. Dont forget to vote and comment. Thanks for adding Thanatos to your library.

I gasp for air as I struggle to breath again. I sit up straight as soon as I recover my breath only to have a coughing fit. Once I calmed down I took in my surroundings, which so happened to be a library.

Shelves stacked with books as far as the eye can see. The ceiling, four floors up, decorated with painting and carvings of angels. Books unable to fit in the shelves were set in stacks reaching to the third floor alone or set on tables spread out through the room.

...Heaven? ...Where's Rachel? Frank? Are they here too?

I heave myself off the ground and make my way to a stray table hoping to find a clue. There lay a note.

|---------------------------------------------------------|

Dear Adam,

I give you these books.

In one of them you'll find your answer.

Though choose wisely on what you read.

You may regret your choice.

When that time comes,

I may not be able to help you.

Truly, Your God

|---------------------------------------------------------|

So I really did die. "'God', Does this mean I am in heaven? If so where is nephew and sister? They made it here too, right?" I say to the empty room.

I thought when I died I would reunite with my family. All I got is some books and a note saying to read them. 'Find my answer?' Then will these books tell me why I am here instead of resting in peace?

'God works in mysterious ways,' never knew how true this was.

I grab the book below the note.

Beyond The Eye the title read. No author.

'Chose wisely,' 'You may regret your choice'. What does he mean? What do I have to chose? Why would I regret it?

With these questions in mind I began to read.

*flip*

*flip*

*flip*

Apparently it was one of those books that starts by going over the setting in gruesome detail. There was a lot to take in, but the gist of it was it followed a story of a boy who dreamed of becoming a Knight.

He struggled, fighting with his parents when they wished for him to inherit the family business of being a Sculptor. They didn't want him to face the danger of monsters outside city walls but live in safety.

The boy denied his family's wishes and became a knight of the kingdom, serving them till his tragic death trying to defend his country which was attacked by a neighboring nation.