2.5

Tanner

One week later

It was the day before school started. I was sitting on the couch with Christian at his house as I watched a movie, waiting for his mom to cook dinner, but he was typing away on his phone the whole time.

"I'm gonna go pee, be right back." he said bluntly, and jogged away from the couch.

I grabbed his phone from where it was sat in the cushion beside me, opening up one of his games, because mine was charging in the corner and I was too lazy to go and get it.

His phone dinged with a message, and then another one immediately after.

Kennedy💀: So what are you up to now?

Kennedy💀: Still with your girlfriend, I assume.

My mouth hung slightly ajar, in disbelief that this is most likely the Kennedy that Christian was looking for at the party two months ago. I had almost completely forgot about it, but seeing her name on his phone made my stomach lurch.

I clicked the notification, and it led me to the messages between the two, and I scrolled all the way up to the top, which contained messages -very flirty ones, might I add, mostly from her side though which is good-from months ago and up to this day.

"Who in the hell?" I mumbled to myself, and locked the screen, setting his phone back down on the couch when his mom called us and his sisters into the kitchen for dinner.

-

The next morning was a drag. I couldn't stop thinking about the messages as I found my new locker in school, and opened the combination lock, putting my things inside.

"Where's lover boy?" I heard Jack's voice as he walked up to my and leaned on the locker next to mine.

"I bet you still haven't told him." He whispered, nudging my side.

"Shut up," I whispered harshly back. "I found some messages on his phone yesterday, so I'm working up to telling him when I ask him about it, just chill. Why do you want him to know so much?"

"Because I can't stand the thought of you cheating on your boyfriend with me, and then lying about it." he replied sarcastically.

"And why are we still whispering?" He asked, and I rolled my eyes, looking around the school hallway as people shuffled around, putting things into their new lockers and talking about how their summer went.

"What messages?" he asked, pulling a green apple sucker out from his pocket and unwrapping it, sticking it into his mouth.

"Remember at the party, when I had told you that he was asking about some Kennedy chick?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Yes I do very vividly remember that night." He said suggestively, but I ignored the comment and continued.

"There are messages between them from months ago, way before he even mentioned to me that she was in town, and she was flirting with him!" I explained.

"Well did he flirt back?" Jack asked. I shook my head, "Not that I know of." I said.

"Speak of the devil...and the devil's mistress. Jesus Christ get ready." Jack muttered under his breath before plastering on a fake smile and turning around.

"Hey Tanner! Remember when I told you about my old friend Kennedy coming back to town? Well yeah she decided to stay with her mom and now she's going to school with us!" Christian exclaimed, a girl relatively my height, long black hair, tan skin and dark brown eyes to match.

Jack's sucker almost fell from his mouth as it fell into a complete 'o' shape.

"Hi Tanner, I've heard so much about you! And you must be Jack?" She asked, and I almost puked at how sweet her voice sounded. I wanted to punch a locker. Heck, I wanted to punch Christian.

"Hi." I replied, smiling fakely. Jack sputtered out a laugh, and Christian's face fell.

Pleasedon'thaveanyclasseswithme.

"Well Kennedy's got second and fourth period with us, and B lunch so we can all hang out." Christian smiled.

"Great. We have to go...talk to Mrs. Genevieve." I said, shutting my locker and grabbing Jack's arm, dragging him along with me.

Jack scoffed, "If it helps any I still think you're hotter."