0.2

*a week later*

Driving to school on a Friday morning is not what I look forward to.

Since winter break is almost here, and since it's already getting chilly in Texas, I decided to wear a pair of dark skinny jeans, a plain white t shirt with a flannel, and my white Nike's.

I pulled up into the parking lot of the large building and turned my car off, leaning back in my seat and sighing. I will make today a good day.

I walked into the school and made my way to my locker upstairs, where I began stuffing two of my text books into my leather shoulder bag. I shut my locker.

"Hey Tan!"

"Jesus Christ, Jackson why would you do that? You do it every day." I groaned, pushing my hair behind my ear as my best friend Jack caught up and walked next to me.

"But it never fails to scare you, so I'll continue to do it." he laughed. I rolled my eyes, and glanced to my side.

I saw the Christian boy standing there, leaned up against a door frame, watching me intently. I cocked my head to the side, the corner of my lips twitching up into a sort of smile. He just huffed out a breath, and pushed himself from his position and walked away.

"That was awkward." I heard Jack say from beside me.

"Who is that?" he asked.

"A boy..." I trailed off . I realized that he was waiting for me to finish and I took my gaze from the previous position Christian was standing in to look at him.

"His name is Christian." I replied softly, pulling my bag's strap further up my shoulder and we continued to walk to class.

"He seemed pretty fascinated by you." Jack simply said as I made my way to my seat, and he sat in his right behind me.

It might just be because I never payed attention to anyone else in this school other than my teachers and Jack, but ever since my encounter with Christian, I've been noticing him around a lot more lately.

He sits in the back of my Pre-Calculus class, and in the corner of my study hall. I hadn't really bothered to get to know anyone at this school. Sure, I've made a few acquaintances here and there, but nobody stuck with me. Jack and I have just been like brother and sister ever since his mom made them move here when we were just in the second grade.

So that would explain why I didn't even know this 'Christian' existed. And I was definitely intrigued by him, as he seemed intrigued by me also.

"Okay class so today we are going to watch a movie, since it's an early out, I decided to be nice." my teacher, Mr. Jensen, announced to the class. They all whooped and cheered, and I took the time to catch up on my English assignment that was due today.

-

After thirty minutes in fourth period, the bell rang for lunch and I had my project near finished, I'd just complete it during lunch then. I walked over and shook a sleeping Jack awake, and he ruffled his somewhat flattened hair out and grabbed his books, and we left.

-

Jack and I decided to go to the coffee shop down the road from our school so I could focus on the assignment, which he had to finish also.

When I got home that day, my parents were arguing again.

As they yelled -most likely about Michael- , I made myself a bowl of leftover spaghetti and ate it, watching Boy Meets World. It's a weird part of my daily habits.

After I was done, I washed out my bowl and walked upstairs, nearly slamming door shut and started playing music.

My phone buzzed, and I grabbed it, reading the message.

Jack Skellington: Hey, how's it goin at home

Me: same old, lots of arguing

me: also wondering where Athena is, I need to cuddle with her right now

Jack Skellington: aw, I haven't seen that dog in forever, she must be loving the cold weather

me: dude, you have a weird fetish for my dog, please don't text me about her.

Jack Skellington: okay, okay fine. how about we go somewhere, start this break off fun ?

me: sure, where are we going?

Jack Skellington: anywhere, you name it

Unknown Number: Hola Mancari

me: wtf, who is this

Unknown Number: oh I probably should've said, this is Christian

Unknown Number: Michael gave me your number btw

I groaned and threw a pillow at my wall.

"Michael!" I shouted over the music, knowing he was his room right beside mine.

"Stop telling people I don't know, information about me they don't need!" I complained. I heard him laugh faintly, and I turned my music up. I decided I might as well text Christian back.

me: so, what's up?

Art boy: trying to figure out how I can get you on a date .

me: that's interesting, considering we know nothing about each other

Art boy: hi, I'm christian akridge and I like skateboarding, singing, eating, art, and making people laugh. now how about you give me the chance to get to know you