1.3

(a/n) sorry for the last chapter. it was short and it sucked, I had no ideas so I apologize.

-

Tanner

Jack drove over to my house, volunteering to drive us all (which I thanked him for, because I'd rather not feel like we're going to die every second with Michael's reckless driving.) Jack, Christian, Carson and I are all careful drivers so I honestly do not understand how Michael hasn't learned a lesson from any of us yet.

I had my window rolled down, and the hot summer sun was beating down on my face. I had my mom's old huge sunglasses on, that Christian always teased me for. He says I look like a water bug.

I gave Christian's address to Jack, and he typed it into his GPS. Michael and Carson were in the back seat. Carson was playing a game on her phone while Michael watched intently.

We pulled up to a large house at the end of a street, and Jack honked the car horn. A head of shaggy blonde hair popped in the doorway, and he shut it behind him, jogging to the back of the car. The trunk was opened, and he put his bags in, then climbed in the back seat with the two lovebirds.

"Hello princess." I felt a soft kiss on my cheek and a tickle on my neck. I moved my head, swatting Christian's hands away.

"Stop tickling me!" I said, wanting to be angry but I couldn't.

"Good evening to you too." he chuckled, and sat back in his seat, buckling his seat belt.

Jack pulled out of the driveway, and Michael hollered "Pass me the aux cord!"

-

After Breezeblocks and many, many depressing -but good- songs that were on Michael's playlist, we arrived at the camp. The sun was setting, lighting up the horizon with beautiful oranges and pinks. I suddenly felt at home, and it reminded me of one of the pieces of art at the gallery where I met Christian for the first time.

My sunglasses pushed my hair out of my face as I stood at the edge of the lake, admiring the reflection of the sunset on the water.

I felt a pair of long arms wrap around me, and warm breath on my neck.

"We finished setting up the tents and fire, how do s'mores sound?" Christian asked, and I nodded, turning my head to look at him.

"Come on."

-

I stared at Michael and Carson as she leaned up against him. He kept leaning down to kiss her, then her nose, then he playfully licked it like a puppy. She squealed, laughing loudly. The smile on my brother's face was so content and happy and it felt great to see him finding himself in what he loves the most- or, who actually.

I watched them fondly, wondering when Christian was going to kiss me. For as much as he loved to claim that I was his, he was taking an awfully long time at making any serious moves. I wondered if he was scared, but then I'd understand because I'm scared too. But it's been months, and nothing. The slow burn was eating me alive.

I glanced at Christian, and noticed too late that he was staring at me acutely. My heart jumped a little and I looked down at my marshmallow, which was seriously on fire.

I yelped, pulling it back to me and quickly blowing it out, and sighed in defeat when it was completely black.

"This is what you do." Christian said, leaning towards me a bit. He reached for the marshmallow and gripped it with two fingers, pulling off the outside, and dropping it on the ground.

"And that's the best part, so eat it." he said. I raised one eyebrow. I wonder how he figured that out.

I ate the marshmallow (which was amazing might I add) and stood up, dusting my hands off.

"Anybody want a drink from the cooler?" I asked, and everybody raised their hands.

As I was walking back to the tents I heard Jack yell, "And make sure it's a Pepsi!"