Ch 16: Pirate's Cove

3rd P.O.V

Not one word was spoken aboard 'The Red Queen' for the rest of the journey to the hidden cove. The only sounds were dry broken sobs from Francis. He was an utterly broken man, everyone's heart clenched when he would let out a cry of Matthew's name. Yes, the rest of the BTT and the remaining two first mates were heart broken and disturbed by the loss of Matthew. Though Francis was the most torn up, he didn't blame anyone but himself. 

(Y/n) on the other hand had not come out of her room, the only person who could even get the door open was Peter. Peter didn't know what to do as he rubbed the back of the small shaking form. Her sobbing was only interrupted periodically by full body heaves, spewing more of those wretched rose petals that she had come to hate. Peter cringed every time she let out a forlorn noise after she had rid her throat of the cursed flowers. 

Antonio and Gilbert were trying their best to console the broken man before them. Their life long friend had been through so much, he didn't deserve this. When they tried to get close to him he pushed their hands away and cried harder. Multiple times they had to hold the man back as he tried to throw himself into the sea, insisting that he could still save Matthew.

Arthur's P.O.V

Never have I seen my crew this silent and mellow. I grimace as Francis tries to throw himself over board again. I have only seen him this broken once before, a memory pushed its way into my thoughts, I try to force it back knowing what it is before I even start seeing the mental images that will follow. To no avail,

~Flashback~ (Lots of  blood, but some back story on Francis. They are also about the age of 16)

I was running through the halls of a ship... No a building, that's right I am in London. Where was I going? I was leaving, wait no I'm trying to find someone. I'm calling out a name, I slam the door of a room open. What I am greeted with is a floor of red lilies, no they were white, but they were stained with blood. Why is there so much blood? I look up to see a bloody form hunched over in the middle of the room, where the blood and lilies are thickest. There is a bloody dagger on the floor, the sound of sobbing and coughing is filling the room. Francis? What is he doing? He turns to me and I gasp, his face is stained with tears and blood, white blood speckled lilies hang from his mouth from their stems. He has his hands pressed to his chest, no in his chest. Blood runs in between his fingers and down his bare arms, splashing onto the flower below. He smiles sadly at me through the flower and blood as I hear a ripping sound as he pulls his hands from his chest. I rush forward to steady the falling man and I see what he is clutching in his blood soaked hands. He is tearing apart plant roots, I look at his chest and through the large gaping gashes I see more roots. They are everywhere, tangled sticking out of his lungs, wrapped around his heart. Before I can stop him he plunges his hands back in tearing at the roots wildly. I try to stop him as he screams in emotions I can't identify. He doubles over and starts to cough a gut pulling cough as flowers and blood spew from his mouth. He coughs for a few more seconds before he coughs so hard an entire plant comes out, glistening in the sunlight with both saliva and blood. His takes a shuddering breath, his body shaking from the effort and blood loss. He looks at me and smiles, his mouth forms words that I cannot remember. He closes his eyes and lets out a broken cry before he passes out, I stay with him, his body laying over my knees. I cry out for someone to find us.

~Flashback End~

I take a shuddering breath and feel that my face is wet, I quickly swiped away the tears muttering to Alfred to take the wheel as I steal below the decks. I stop in front of Peter and (Y/n)'s room. My hand poised to knock, but I couldn't bring myself to do it once I heard a girl's sobs on the other side. I mentally curse at myself for my weakness when the girl starts speaking in a shaking raspy voice,