Ch: 7 Equedoia pt. 1

(Y/N) P.O.V

I was cleaning the dinining room after another extremely messy meal. There was one short pirate that was helping me, then again he always helped. He was a real clean freak, I think he said his name was Levi. Anyway he was sweeping and I was scrubbing the tables down and Peter was in the kitchen washing dishes.

From above deck I heard a shrill whistle and a few shouts from Alfred who was currently in the crows nest.

"Land Ho!"

I gasped and quickly put my rag away, leaving the table wet and sticky, to run up stairs. Feeling a cold stare at the back of my head from that pirate Levi. The short man has a even shorter temper when it comes to cleaning.

I make it up the stairs and dash to the railing pulling out the spyglass Peter lent me and looked at the far off tropical looking island. We would probably be there early morning. I looked at the rest of the crew and saw they were really, really, excited about getting to land. I just stared at them confused. Until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to meet those striking emerald eyes of my captain, Arthur.

"The bloody wankers are excited because they've been at sea so long without a woman's touch. If you ask me its very pig like of them. As a gentlemen I do not behave the way they do."

He paused for a moment before continuing,

"Its good to see that you aren't the same way (b/n) I would say you are very gentlemenly yourself."

"T-Thank you Captain!"

I stuttered out. He smirked before releasing my shoulder and walking to the helm to steer the boat. I stared after him inwardly blushing. 'Well at least he doesn't suspect anything of me after the whole storm incident...' I think to myself as I redirect my gaze back to the island. With the naked eye it seems like only a black dot on the horizon. I sigh and walk down below deck and wander into the crew's quarters.

" 'ey (b/n) join us 'or a 'ame of 'ards woncha?"

I look at Allistor who is beconing to me from a barrel that is lit by a single later with cards. The Irish twins, Seamus and Dylan sitting with Allistor. I shrugged and walked over, taking a seat next to Dylan.

We played a simple game of poker for about 2 hours, and Allistor was winning so far. The twins were starting to get hostile accusing Allistor of cheating. I slowly crept away not wanting to get into the middle of a brewing fight. I made my way to the dining room towards the kitchen, passing a still cleaning Levi. I boiled some water and made some tea. Pouring some into a tea cup I placed the cup on a tea plate and headed above deck. I walked to the helm towards my captain.

Arthur was sharing straight ahead at the slow growing dot of an island. Not noticing me until I spoke.

"Here you go Captain, I made you some tea..."

He looked at me and then the steaming cup of tea I was holding out. He let go of the wheel and took the tea from my hands.

"Thank you lad. I wish the rest of the crew was as thoughtful as you."

He took a sip of the tea then said,

"(B/n) could you keep the ship steady while I go relieve myself?"

"Uh, yes Captain. I can do that."

He nodded once and walked towards his quarters. I took the wheel in my hands and made sure the ship stayed on course. I looked up at the full moon tonight and guessed it was about, either 9:00 or 10:00. I yawned and stretched, the ocean sparkled in the moonlight all around me. I thought back to my life as a sea nymph. On full moon nights like this the Leviathans would come out of the deepest depths to share stories with the young sea nymphs, sirens, and mermaids. Telling the young stories of the many parts of the oceans and the secrets they hold to how the many species came to be.

I sighed to myself, I miss my old life I admit. That it has been hard living on the surface world. But it is a good life, I've made friends, now I have the chance to explore.

Arthur's P.O.V

I went to my quarters, leaving (b/n) in charge. Taking my tea with me, setting it on my desk before I went to the latrine. After relieving myself I took a few minutes to fix my appearance so I didn't look so rugged. I then went to my desk to check my maps, sipping on my tea as I do. I pull out my pocket watch and look at the time. 10:12 it read, so we should be at Equedoia around 8:00 in the morning tomorrow. 'We are making good time...' I think to myself as I finish off my tea.

I walk back outside and to the helm. (B/n) was just standing there starring at the moon, his face illuminated glistening from the tears on his cheeks. I furrow my brow, 'why is the lad crying? Did something happen while I was gone?' I thought. He then looked back forward righting the ship and wiped his face with his sleeve. Still not noticing my presence. I cleared my throat to get his attention. He sat up straight and looked at me.

"C-Captain!"

I strode forward and (b/n) stepped back so I could take my place at the helm.

"Thank you for watching the helm (b/n) you are free to do whatever now."

He thanked me and ran below deck leaving me alone to steer the boat to the approaching Island. 'Why was he crying...' I shrug off the thought and focused on steering the boat against the tide.