Ch 13: Deal?

XXXX

3rd P. O. V

As the moon retreated within the shadows of night, the sun rose over the ocean. Bathing the world in its golden light, spreading a comforting warmth. The sunlight revealed a young woman sitting on the bowsprit (If you don't know what that is, its that pole like part of the ship that sticks off the bow.) of 'The Red Queen'. The woman's name is (Y/n), she was wearing a normal white cotton shirt and pants. She had already gotten rid of the horrible dress she was forced to wear. As she watched the sunrise, the wind blew her (h/l) (h/c) locks gently. You would expect she would be content, but she was not. She was dreading the coming confrontation between her and her, probably soon to be former, Captain. Her stomach felt as though it were frozen.

She was well aware that she could easily run away, but she was still afraid to go back to the ocean. She had been exiled after all, even though it's been nearly a year. But alas sea nymphs out of all the types nymphs, are notorious for holding a grudge. Though not all sea nymphs are that way, most are. (Y/n) sighed and clutched her necklace, closing her eyes she tried to calm down. But fear kept rearing its ugly head.

Over at the Captain's quarters, Arthur was watching (Y/n) as she sat there. He stepped back and closed his door, conflicted on what to do about this situation. On one hand he could kill her and be done with it, but Peter would never forgive him. On the other hand he could let her remain part of the crew, but ruin his reputation of being ruthless.

"She could be an asset to the crew, she cooks, she cleans, but she also knows how to fight..."

One small voice said in the back of his mind.

"True..."

He said before another darker prideful voice in his mind spoke out,

"But you are the great Captain Arthur Kirkland, you don't want to ruin that image by letting a woman be on your crew."

Arthur contemplated this but the voice in the back of his mind spoke again,

"But you don't want Peter to hate you, if you get rid of her then Peter would never love you again."

"Who cares if the boy loves you?! Get rid of the girl and save your title!"

"She saved you!"

"No one needs to know that you were tricked, no one needs to know you were weak!"

"She took care of Peter when they were captured!"

"Get rid of her! She will only drag you down!"

"She would sacrifice herself to save you or Peter! Or anyone else for that matter!"

Arthur gripped his head as the voices argued and echoed in his mind. Then they were silent. He then knew what he was going to do. He pulled on his coat and hat, then approached his door.

(Y/n) P. O. V

I drew in a shaky breath and slowly let it out. 'I don't know what Arthur is going to do! I mean he probably will kill me... Or he might kick me off the ship...' I let out another sigh and swing backwards, now hanging by my knees off the bowsprit. My (h/l) (h/c) dangling with my arms and necklace. My shirt fell down exposing my stomach, I didn't really care. The back of my shirt was tucked into my pants and I still wore the corset. So it wasn't like anyone was going to see anything. The water is still a good 5 meters below me, yet I still reach out to it. I let myself slip down, until my ankles crossed over the bowsprit, it thing only thing keeping me from falling.

"You enjoying yourself poppet?"

I jump slightly and I look up to see my Captain, Arthur, leaning over the railing. As he looked down at me and as I looked up, I couldn't help but study each detail of him. From the wind moving the feather on his hat, the movement of his hair, to the small smirk on his lips, and his Emerald eye studying me.