Chapter Twelve:

December 6th, 1963

Hyannis Port-7:00 P.M.

~*~*~*~*~

Jack and Jackie had just arrived around noon and by the time it was 6:00 they, along with Bobby and Ethel, decided to throw a party to kick off the start of their vacation month.

Ethel made sure to invite family, friends, and cabinet members that had off, as well as Lyndon and Lady Bird. Bobby protested, of course, but she just told him that it's only fair if Lyndon was invited too.

It was surprisingly warm out as a bright quarter moon shone upon the compound, and by 7:00 the place was bubbling with laughter and people as music blared from a peppy jazz band that was set up near the pool.

Candles, tiki lights, house lights, and any other possible light that could be lit or on, was shining. Kids were everywhere, as well as animals; it was as if the party was half rambunctious people and half zoo. Everyone loved it and the alcohol seemed to be infinite.

Dressed casually in white pants and an over-sized black sweater, Jackie followed Jack through the crowd to where Bobby was sitting and was surprised to find Lyndon sitting with him.

"Evening, Lyndon," Jack smiled as he took his cigar away from his lips. "Glad you could join us."

"It's my pleasure, Mr. President," Lyndon smiled with a nod of his head.

"Where's Lady Bird?" Jack asked as he indicated to a passing butler to set two glasses of wine down on the table for Jackie and himself.

"She left to speak with the ladies, I think," Lyndon answered as he looked around. "I don't know when she'll be back."

"Well if I don't see her, be sure to let her know I'm happy she was able to come," Jack returned, drawing his cigar back to his lips.

"Will do," Lyndon smiled, taking a sip of his Scotch.

"So where is that wife of yours?" Jack asked Bobby with a smirk, while Jackie took a drag from her cigarette as she slid past him to sit at the table, rather flirtatiously, causing him to raise an eyebrow at her.

Bobby shrugged, "Floating around. I wouldn't be surprised if she fell in the pool again."

Jackie smirked at that as she reached for her glass of wine, her cigarette held securely between her middle and pointer finger. "Let's hope she didn't; it's warm but it's not THAT warm."