Chapter Twenty-Eight:

March 22nd, 1964

~*~*~*~*~

"I'll see you the 6th alright?" Jack told Jackie as he stood with her in the Class A section of the plane which was reserved for her and her agents only; the plane would be leaving in 5 minutes.

She nodded and gave Jack a soft kiss good-bye, "I look forward to it; it'll be exciting."

"For sure," Jack smiled as he gently caressed her growing stomach.

"What do you hope it to be?" Jackie asked, placing her hands over his. "A boy or a girl?"

"It doesn't matter to me," Jack answered, looking into her eyes. "I'll love it no matter what."

Jackie smiled wider before kissing him again, just as Andrew called through the curtain, "Mr. President, the plane leaves in 2 minutes."

Andrew waited a few seconds longer than usual before Jack answered, seemingly breathless, "Alright." Then to Jackie, "I love you."

"I love you, Jack. I'll see you later," Jackie said softly as she watched him back up toward the closed curtains.

"Later, Darling," Jack returned before turning around and ducking out.

As Jackie was settling in her seat, Clint walked in and asked, "Is there anything you need before the plane takes off, Mrs. Kennedy?"

"No thank-you, Mr. Hill," Jackie told him before turning her attention to the window, watching as Jack got into his limousine and pulled out of the airport.

"Very well, Mrs. Kennedy," Clint nodded before returning to his post outside the curtain doorway.

~*~*~*~*~

"Who do I all need to pick from?" Jackie asked Clint as he walked with her down the hall to the Blue Room where some new Secret Service agents were waiting.

"There are five agents in all that Jack found available for you but he said you only need to pick the ones you want," Clint answered as they turned a corner.