Epilogue

A YEAR LATER

I took Mrs Cameron's advice and worked on a book about the encounter. Julian co-wrote it. At first he wasn't so sure about helping me with the book, but helped me with a small part of it.

When I told Dad about the book I thought he was going to give me one of his lectures to tell me it was a waste of time. But he didn't. For the first time ever he supported my writing. Mom was the one who encouraged me to write when I was twelve, while Dad thought the stories I wrote were a bunch of nonsense. Since the encounter, it brought Dad and me closer to each other. We sorted out our differences, which was mainly about Mom, and set our problems a side.

It's now a year since Julian and I wrote The Boys Who Cried Sasquatch, which sold a million copies. Every time I read over our work I often wonder how Bigfoot is. He may not have to worry about Ken Brooke, who is now in jail, but there could be other poachers out there. Even if there are people after him, he is able to look after himself.

People ask me why Julian and I released Bigfoot back into the wild without allowing scientist to study him. I always answer them with the same thing: Bigfoot has stayed hidden for so long. He doesn't want to be found. Some people may have encounters, and when I think about it, that's what we will always get. There may be a reason why Sasquatch or other mythical creatures don't want to be found, but I think that's the beauty of it. The encounters give us a hope that something is out there, even if they may be just a bunch of stories. The stories are what make our imagination stay alive.

A/N: Thank you so much for taking the time to read this story. I haven't shown anyone this for a year since I have written it. Maybe only a few chapters I have let people read, but never really allowed anyone to read it. Let me know what you thought of the story below in the comments and share it with your friends.