Chapter 21

It's a weekday, so when we pull up at the park, there are only mothers with their small children in the playground. Some joggers are there also, with or without their dogs. If it was the weekend, it would be full of people playing sport, picnics, barbecues or just enjoying the sun. So if Bigfoot wanted to wander around this park unnoticed, he could for the remainder of the day. After today he wouldn't be able to hide from the amount of people who occupied the park during the weekend.

"So where do we look?" Bethany asks.

"He could be anywhere," I say.

"Should we split up and look?"

Julian shakes his head. "No. I think we should stay together. The police are after him and if they know we are here, they could corner us, demanding to know where he is. People with weapons could corner us."

"I'm not worry about the police or other people with weapons," I say. "I'm more worried about Ken Brooke finding Bigfoot."

"We will make sure he won't take one foot near him. Okay, so what's our plan once we find him?"

I stand there thinking what we could do. "Whatever we come up with, we need to make sure he won't be seen."

"That's going to be hard when it's broad daylight," Bethany reminds me.

"Sunset is eight hours away. I don't think we could hold Bigfoot here for that long. I mean, that creature is always on the move. He is never in one spot for long."

Julian clicks his fingers. "I think I know how we could find him. He is looking for food, right? So all we have to do is draw him to us with food. And even if people will see him, we may not have any choice but run through the park with him."

I wasn't so sure on running out in the open with Sasquatch, but at the same I knew we had no choice. We wouldn't be able to hide him longer enough until it's dark. He may only hide here until it's safe enough for him to come out from his hiding spot and search for food.

"What does he eat?" Julian continues.

I shrug. "I have no idea. I fed him anything I could find in the kitchen."

"He is an omnivore, isn't he?" Bethany guesses.

Julian and I shrug.

"Okay, well maybe he could eat anything," Bethany continues on.

"Yeah, and I don't think he would care, just as long as he eats something." My stomach grumbles at the mentioned of food.

"If you like, I will go get some food while you two look for him," Julian suggests.

I try not to act surprise when Julian suggested I stay here with Bethany. He probably wanted to be alone and recover from his nerves. When we are alone later I will tell him he is doing well with speaking to her. He hadn't once stumbled on his words yet or froze in front of her since we left the school.

Bethany and I agreed to stay here. Julian promises not to take too long. He jump into his jeep and takes off down the street.

We wander down the path together, glancing around us to keep a sharp eye out for Bigfoot. Birds chirped happily in the trees and I wonder if they would still be chirping even if they did see the creature.

"Do you think he could be hiding up in the trees?" Bethany asks, glancing up into the trees.

I glance up as well. The only thing I see in the tree when I look up is a pigeon sitting on a branch just above my head. "I don't know if they can."