Alternate Ending: King

This takes place after "The Twin Dragons". I've been debating on how I really should've ended this and I did have a few Ideas before so I thought why not have different endings? 1/3

"Levy..." Gajeel held the queen's limp body in his arms. "Please wake up shrimp. Please!" He shook her gently. Her breathing was very slow and it seemed it was getting slower by the second. Her blood was still spilling from her neck and onto Gajeel's clothes. He held his hand to her neck to try to stop the bleeding but it was too late. "Levy!"

Tears filled Gajeel's eyes and the small queen's chest stopped rising and falling. He leaned over her body hugging her close to his chest. She still smelled so sweet, even soaked in her own blood. "I'm sorry." Tears fell from his eyes. He wasn't one to cry, but losing the love of his life broke his heart. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you. I'm...I'm sorry I didn't tell you I loved you sooner, so maybe you would've died knowing you were loved by your Iron Dragon Knight."

"Sh-she's gone?" Lucy cried behind him. Gajeel looked over at Lucy, Levy's blood on his cheek. She looked at him in horror and cried into Natsu's chest. "No..."

"It's okay, Luce." Natsu whispered. He petted Lucy's hair and looked over at Gajeel who just watched them.

Gajeel took Levy's lifeless hand and it had a note in it. He blinked away tears picking it up. It had a few drops of her blood on it, but it was still readable.

It Read:

Gajeel, if you're reading this I'm dead. I wrote this note shortly after you left my palace for being different. I'm completely sorry for over reacting to that. I should've known better. I want you to know that my death wasn't your fault. It never would've been, even if I died at your hand. I want you to take care of my people and be their leader. Yes, you read that right my Iron Knight, forbidden love of a hopeless queen. I want you to take over my kingdom and give them a king who can lead them into any battle, plus with your totally cool new powers, you're pretty unstoppable. Don't hide it from them.

I will love you always, and I hope you loved me too...

Levy.

Gajeel balled his fist around the note and slid Levy's body off of him gently. She looked peaceful in death. He wanted to join her, but he knew she wouldn't want that. What she wanted was for him to take care of her kingdom and people, and that's what he was going to do.

Gajeel stomped over to Sting and picked his unconscious body up by the shirt. He slapped him a few times until his eyes opened. "Get yer fucking brother and get the fuck out of here!" He yelled angrily. He dropped him and Sting rushed over to Rogue and woke him quickly. The twin dragons rushed out of the Magnolia kingdom.

Gajeel walked back to Levy's body. He picked her up and carried her inside the palace. He laid her in her bed. Then he went and cleaned himself up.

Gajeel raised his eyebrow at the woman before him, "King, it would be an honor if you would give me a chance to be your queen." She said giving him a soft smile.

Gajeel shook his head. "No." He stood up. "Before you use the "You'll need an heir later in life" thing, I already have one. He runs around my palace. His name is Nabu, and he is the son of my Captain."

Hearing "Captain", Natsu's head turned over at Gajeel out of habit. He chuckled realizing someone else was asking to be Gajeel's queen. "He can't love anyone like he loved Levy." Natsu said stepping up to the woman. "It isn't your fault. He just isn't interested. Plus he wants to rule alone, solo."

"Understandable, I suppose." She mumbled leaving the palace.

When Natsu got back to the throne room, Gajeel was gone. He sighed, "Going back to her grave."

Gajeel knelt at Levy's grave resting his hand on the top of her tomb stone. "I miss you." He whispered. "Another woman asked to take your place today. I hope you don't mind me turning her down."

"Not at all." He heard Levy's voice behind him. Her turned around to see her giving him a soft, loving, smile. "I understand you wanting to rule alone."

He nodded staring at her. "I'm just glad you still visit. I wouldn't be able to rule this kingdom without you here."

She frowned slightly, "I-I..." The ghost began crying then disappeared. She appeared next to Gajeel a minute later. "Sorry about that." She mumbled. "I still have a hard time controlling the fact that I can't be with you." She looked up at the sky. "I have to get going."

"I love you." Gajeel whispered as she faded. He walked back inside the palace walls as he heard a cry at the top of the stairs.

"Gajeel!" Lucy held her hand to her stomach. She was pregnant and the baby was due any day.

"Lucy," he nodded to her and she had a pained look on her face. She also looked like she peed herself. "You okay?"

"No. G-get Natsu! I'm having the baby!" She yelled gripping the railing. "I can't move, I think I'll fall."

"Oi Salamander!" Gajeel ran back to the throne room where Natsu looked at him. "Your wife is havin' a baby."

"Already?!" He rushed out of the room and towards Lucy.

Gajeel stood outside the door with Natsu. When Wendy opened the door smiling at them, they both walked in. Gajeel gasped seeing the small baby in her arms. She had bright blue hair. He would've guessed Lucy cheated, but she was too in love with Natsu to do so.

"Blue hair..." He mumbled.

Natsu smiled happily at his wife and walked over as she held the baby out to him. He took the baby from her, "It's a girl." He looked at Gajeel. "She has blue hair?" He looked at his wife.

"I don't know why that is." She said as Natsu handed her back. "But I was thinking Levy, in honor of our Queen." She looked at Gajeel who was still shocked. "As long as the king is okay with it."

"Uh, sure." He said stumbling out of the bedroom and down the stairs. "I need a moment."

He rushed outside and knelt beside Levy's grave. He knew instantly where Levy was going. He wouldn't talk to her again, because she now lived inside her best friend's baby girl. He smiled slightly but gasped feeling a sudden jerking on him, like someone was pulling him away. His heart ached and he fell back.

"You'll be reborn right after me, if we truly are soul mates." Levy's words from years ago played in Gajeel's head as he gasped for air. He clutched his chest taking his final breath.

Soul Mates...

100 years later...

Gajeel shot up in his bed clutching his chest. He looked over to the empty side of his bed where Levy should've been. "Shrimp?" He called out glancing at the clock. It was only two AM. Where was she?

He swung his legs over the side of his bed as he heard the toilet flush. He heard the bathroom door open and close a few moment after and then Levy walk into the doorway sleepily. She smiled at him seeing him sitting up in bed. "Gajeel, why are you up?" She questioned getting back in bed and cuddling beside him.

"I had a dream." He whispered cuddling beside her. "I was a dragon, you were a queen."

"And you became my king dragon?" She said jokingly. She yawned and he could tell she was falling asleep.

"Yeah, but you died. I took over your kingdom and you were reborn as Lucy's baby girl and I died shortly after that."

"So we're soul mates?" She yawned again snuggling into him.

"According to that dream, yeah." He whispered. He kissed her head and fell asleep beside her, hugging her close.

The End