The Iron Heart

Levy opened her eyes and looked up at Gajeel who was holding her close hugging her to his body. "Shrimp, Levy please..." Were those tears? Was Gajeel crying?!

"Gajeel..." She said quietly. He didn't respond to her and that's when she realized she couldn't feel the warmth of his arms around her. She sat up and looked back at him. Sure enough he was still holding her. "Am I....?" She stood up and saw her parents. "Mom, dad..."

"Levy..." The queen's voice was faint as she talked. "You aren't dead, but you aren't alive."

Levy looked at her confused and she disappeared. He father spoke next, "Find a way past the barrier of the living or the dead. Join us or join your friends." He disappeared after that.

The barrier?! What barrier?! Levy stood confused. She looked and watched as Gajeel stood up holding her body. She was limp in his arms, her head hung letting her blue hair fall freely blowing in the soft breeze. Gajeel looked angry, but sad. He carried her through the gates and into the palace. He went up the stairs and into Levy's room where Lucy and Natau stood in the doorway watching him.

Levy's heart broke as he laid her gently in her bed. She watched her own chest rise and fall. Wendy came in and cleaned up the scratches on her neck then she wrapped it and looked at Lucy, Natsu, and Gajeel, "She in a coma." She said looking at her feet.

"How?!" Gajeel asked moving to Levy's side. She sat on the bed beside him wishing he could see her.

"She hit her head on something." Wendy replied.

When he tackled Sting and he dragged me with him...

Levy remembered hitting her head but the rest was hazy after that. She assumed that this was the after since it probably didn't take Gajeel long to finish off Sting. Levy bit her lip as Gajeel leaned over her and hugged her. She could feel his breath on her cheek, which confused her because she hadn't felt his warmth before. His lips were next to her ear.

"Levy, shrimp, please wake up." He whispered. His voice was so loud in her ear. "Come back to us, your knight misses you. I know you can hear me." Levy started to feel her heart beat as she started feeling warmth. "Levy McGarden of the Magnolia Royal family, come back. I need you. I love you so much." His voice got louder with every word until Levy found herself in darkness and her body was completely warm.

Levy started to feel scared. Did I join my parents instead? She closed her eyes tightly and when she opened them again she felt tired, but she was staring up at Gajeel again. "G-Gajeel," she said.

"Shrimp!" He hugged her tightly not letting her go. Lucy was behind him smiling down at her. She had her hands in Natsus's who was hugging her from behind, Wendy was to their left.

Levy looked at Gajeel, "You love me, eh?" She smirked causing Gajeel to blush.

"Er, I, um-" he was cut off by Levy's lips pressing against his. Her heart raced as she kissed him. She felt her own cheeks grow warm as he kissed her back. "Gihihi."

"You're adorable when your flustered." Levy smiled pulling away from the kiss. He crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Pouty too!"

"You're always adorable." He mumbled as she sat up. He hugged her to his body, "You're mine now. I don't give a crap if you're the queen. I've claimed ya and yer mine! M-I-N-E!"

"You can spell?!" Levy asked jokingly and her, Natsu, and Lucy laughed.

"Very funny, squirt." He said glaring at her.

The kingdom returned to peace after Sting and Rogue decided they didn't want to get their butts handed to them again. A wedding still went on later that week too, Natsu and Lucy decided they might as well since she'd spent so many sleepless nights planning a wedding that wasn't going to happen. So, instead of wasting it, Levy suggested them marrying and they didn't object.

As for Levy and Gajeel, well they eventually got together. Levy decided she rather live her life with freedoms of a civilian so she offered her kingdom to her friends Lucy and Natsu who took it happily. Lucy was sad to see her best friend leaving with the knight, but she knew it was what they both wanted. Levy didn't have a freedom to be with Gajeel, so what better way to be with him than sacrificing everything your family has been working on for generations?

Levy took in a deep breath walking along the beach with Gajeel. She walked, one foot in front of the other along the coast line. She held her arms out keeping her balance. Gajeel walked slowly behind her with his hands in his pockets, smiling. She looked so happy. The two had been away from the kingdom a week.

"Gajeel," Levy said stopping suddenly. She turned around and looked at him.

"Yeah, Levy?" He said looking at her.

"Did you ever think we'd make it here?" She asked looking up into his red eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean me with you, and away from Magnolia."

Gajeel thought for a moment, "I honestly have to say no. I was pretty thrown off to know you loved me in the first place." He looked at the setting sun the took a seat letting the waves crash up against his feet.

Levy giggled and sat beside him resting her head on his shoulder. "Well we are here." She whispered. She sighed and the two watched the sun set.

"Oi, shrimp?" Gajeel said breaking a long silence between the two.

"Yeah?" Levy said ignoring the nickname.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too, my Iron Knight."

He smiled hugging her close. He then stood up offering her his hand. She took it as a huge wave crash on the shore. They were hit with it throwing them both off balance leaving Levy on top of Gajeel blushing brightly. She smiled down at him shyly.

"Wasn't expecting that." He said a little irritated tone in his voice.

Levy noticed it and giggled then kissed him softly. He returned the kiss then she got off him and they walked back to Gajeel's horse, Pantherlily. The couple rode back to their small house in a nearby village that everyone there had no clue Levy was ever royalty or that Gajeel had dragon powers. They lived a peaceful life after that.

While laying in bed cuddling that night Levy asked Gajeel another question, "You believe in reincarnation, right?"

Gajeel chuckled tiredly. "Yeah, I do. Why?"

"Do you think we'll end up together in our next life?"

"Hard to say." He replied. "But if we do that'll prove that we're soul mates."