Learning of the Treaty

Levy watched as people from Sabertooth started flooding her kingdom. She was glad that her population was growing after such a bad battle, but she didn't like the way she managed that. She bit her tongue as Lucy came in with Juvia behind her. They smiled at her and Levy refused to say a word, she just smiled back. Handing over her kingdom was not something she wanted to do. She'd only been queen for a week.

"Juvia thinks you'll look very pretty once I get your dress made." Juvia said smiling. Levy sighed as Juvia began making measurements. "Still as tall as always, p-queen." She continued.

Levy sighed lifting her arms so Juvia could make waist and bust measurements. Lucy had a fake smile on her face. She knew she was next for the measurements. Sting had planned for a double wedding. The girls were not looking forward to it.

When Juvia finished with both measurements she left bowing to them both. "Juvia will have these done in two weeks." She said before closing the bedroom door.

Levy looked at Lucy, "You shouldn't have to go through with this." She said at last moving back to her window watching her people be cautious of the new Sabertooth people moving into the villages.

"Nor should you. I know who you really want." Lucy said. Her voice was deeper than it had been before the Natsu and Gajeel incident. Levy assumed it was from depression and sadness over losing Natsu, the love of her life.

Levy hadn't noticed she was blushing until Lucy made her face her. "You're blushing." She said. "I knew it, you fell in love with your knight."

Levy shook her head. "It doesn't matter now." She turned back to the window sitting on the bench I'm front of it. "As soon as I'm wed I'll be forced to forget about him, and you with Natsu." She wiped a tear away that didn't have a chance to fall from her eye.

She heard Lucy let a deep breath out and then she took a seat beside Levy. Lucy gazed out the window then laid down resting her head on Levy's lap. "Lu..." Levy said smoothing her hair.

Lucy shook her head and let the tears fall. Levy knew why she was crying and Levy felt herself start to cry with her. Life wasn't really fair and the queen knew that but she couldn't help but feel the sadness for her best friend.

Gajeel stretched spreading his wings out. He looked at Natsu who scratched his head and yawned. Natsu had recently gotten wings and horns like Gajeel. The two still wondered why Gajeel's had appeared first. Gajeel assumed it was just because Natsu had more abilities than him. He could summon fire on command whereas Gajeel could turn his fist into an iron club or sword. That was about it.

"Ready to test those wings?" Gajeel asked as Natsu stepped up beside him. Gajeel had mastered flying in the last week him and Natsu had been in the cave. If they were going to be isolated from other humans, they might as well embrace their abilities, right?

"Are you sure we can actually fly with these?" Natsu asked nervously.

"Gihihi," Gajeel smirked, "Guess you'll find out!" Gajeel went behind Natsu and shoved him out of the cave causing him to fall down the side of the mountain. Gajeel watched as Natsu spread his wings and they caught the wind making him zip through the trees. Gajeel dived down and followed him.

Gajeel flew above the trees until he saw one move abruptly and he smirked, "Stupid salamander." He said to himself before going down and landing on the ground in front of the tree.

"You could've warned me, stud face!" Natsu yelled at him as he crawled out of the tree. He brushed himself off and stretched his wings. "It is pretty easy though. It's like these things have a mind of their own."

Gajeel shrugged, "Muscle memory kicks in fast." He looked up at the sky watching the sky turn different shades of yellows, oranges, and reds. Sunset. He heard a loud noise that irritated him. "What was that?!"

"That would be my stomach." Natsu said with a wide grin on his face. "Let's head back towards Magnolia and do some shopping! Then we can go back to the cave!"

Gajeel glared at him, "If we're going back, we might as well face the princess and Lucy. Plus, I am not leaving without seeing how my horse is doing. I hope they saved him..." Gajeel trailed off. He spread his wings and flapped them a few times lifting himself up into the air. He kept a steady pace holding himself there.

Gajeel watched Natsu and he could tell he was thinking about it. "Alright!" Natsu said at last. "It'd be pretty cool to see Luce again anyways. See how she is doing and everything." He had a smile on his face.

By the time Gajeel and Natsu arrived at the kingdom gates, the sun was well behind the mountains. Gajeel smiled to see they didn't miss the curfew for the gates closing, though it seemed a little late for them to be open. He didn't have an objections.

Gajeel hid his wings and so did Natsu, the two had mastered altering their physical appearance in the last two weeks since they first had gotten the curse. Gajeel only wished he could say the same about Natsu mastering his fire powers. He had lost count of how many times he'd set a small bush or two on fire while they were practicing in a forest clearing.

Gajeel and Natsu made their way into the kingdom walls not being stopped by any guards, which also was different than Gajeel remembered. What about Sabertooth spies? Did we just forget about them after Natsu and I left?!

Gajeel was ticked off. He watched as Natsu went from stand to stand gathering supplies for the two of them. Gajeel looked around at the people. There were so many new faces. Gajeel over heard two people talking that were a good distance away. I guess dragon'shave super good hearing too...

"How long has it been since the Sabertooth and Magnolia kingdoms actually liked each other?" A woman asked another as they watched the people pass by.

"I don't know, but I know the queen was tired of life loss. She is marrying Prince Rogue of Sabertooth in eight days!" The other woman said happyily. "And boy is he dreamy. His dark features... I wish I was a princess and could marry him instead."

"I guess Sting has his looks. I would rather be marrying Sting, which I heard that the Queen's assistant, Lucy, is marrying. She is going to be ruling the Sabertooth kingdom with him."

Gajeel's heart broke. Marrying Rogue? Lucy to Sting? What? No!

"Gajeel," Natsu said slapping his arm.

This pulled Gajeel out of his thoughts and he glared at his friend, "What?" He said rudely.

"What are you thinking about? You've been staring at those two house wives for a while now and I couldn't get your attention."

"They're getting married," he mumbled.

"What?" Natsu asked confused. "Speak up. I didn't understand that."

"They're getting married. Levy and Lucy are getting married in eight days." Gajeel spoke louder this time and his red eyes darted up to the palace. "They're doing it to save the kingdom..."

Natsu didn't say a word. He just sighed and looked up at the sky, "So we stop them?" He suggested.

"What? Are you crazy? If we try to stop them that'll put Levy and Lucy in danger."

"Yeah but we have these awesome dragon powers now. We can take 'em." Natsu handed the bag in his right arm to a random woman in the street. "Let's go see 'em!" He took off running tugging Gajeel's arm nearly making him fall. The two ran towards the palace but were stopped by Sabertooth guards at the palace gate.

"Grab them, they're the wanted Captain Gajeel Redfox and General Natsu Dragneel!" The female guard yelled. She had short white hair, "That's an order from me, Captain Yukino!"