home sweet home // chapter 14

I finally used the piece of crap I call my brain, to actually call someone. After spending thirty minutes on the floor, groaning in pain and thinking about Kai. He wasn't used to feelings, or emotions for that matter of fact. But that wasn't a excuse for breaking my neck and slamming me against the wall.

I called Damon. I put the phone against my ear. Oh my god, I felt like an old lady.

"Where the hell are you?" Damon immediatly shouted through the phone.

"I'm at the high school, can you come and get me?" I groaned.

"Why can't you just run home? Is Kai there? Are you hurt?" His voice raised for every question he asked.

"Damon, he broke my neck." I said, and the line was dead silent.

"Okay, I'll be there in a few minutes." He said and hung up. If he was going to be here in a few minutes, he was probably near by.

Kai was so freaked out by his feelings. It must be terrible, to be afraid of your own feelings. 

After a couple of minutes of thinking, I heard someone enter the school.

"There you are," I heard Damon say, and he vamp sped to me.

"What the hell did he do to you? You normally don't react this way," he was furrowing his eyebrows while lifting me up bridal style.

"He broke my neck, slammed me like he did with Alaric against the wall and I haven't had the taste of blood in three days," I said while we were walking through the exit.

"Oh, that makes sense." He said and I slowly drifted to sleep while we walked home.

::::::::::

I woke up, and I felt so refreshed. I wasn't tired, and my back or head didn't hurt. Damon probably pushed a blood bag in my throat. (a/n: that's sibling goals!!)

I was in my same clothes, and I threw my jacket and jeans somewhere in my room. Wait. Was I in my room? Like Mystic Falls room?

I stood up from the bed, and I looked around. Oh god, it is! My big mirror is there, the mess that was here 8 months ago is still here and all of my makeup things were on my dresser.

I walked to my closet, and saw ALL of my clothes there. I thought all of my stuff were in New Orleans. I picked some comfy shorts on, and I was so happy that all of my things were here.

There was a knock on the door. "Come in," I said while studying my room.

"I see someone's happy," I heard, and I knew it was Stefan.

I turned around. "I thought all of my things were in New Orleans?" I jumped on the bed next to him-

"Rebekah came with all of yours things here, she didn't want to throw them," He said smiling. 

"I should probably call or something, maybe suprise visit," I thought out loud.

"You should call, and suprise visit later. We have to do deal with the whole Gemini thing." He said.

"You know what's funny? How the Gemini Coven is so similar to your own name," He said and started laughing. My real name was not pretty, I hate it. I changed it to Emma. Stefan, Damon and Cara are the only one's who knows it. 

"Shut up!" I punched his chest, hard. "Oh god, I should probably call Cara." I gasped.

"You do that," He said standing up. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand, and dialed Cara's phone number.

I waited a few seconds, before she picked up her phone. This was a brand new one, so she didn't have my number.

"Hello?" She answered, and god I had missed that voice.

"Hello stranger," I said, and I was so happy to talk to her again.

"Who- This isn't funny. Who is this?" she said seriously, and I was almost peeing in my pants.

"It's me, Cara." I said.

"Wh-What? This is a prank, and it's not funny!" She yelled into the phone.

"Cara, it's me! Emma Salvatore!" This was so funny, oh my god.

"This is a prank. I need proof." I could literally hear her smirk, and the funny part was that she thought this was a prank.

"Your full name is Cara  Mason Murphy. Remember when you went home with a dude and then you found a-"

"Okay!" She shouted through the phone. 

The line was dead silent. "Emma?" She said, like she couldn't believe it.

"Yes," I said, and we started laughing. I started to cry, I couldn't wait to do this with Rebekah.

:::::::::::::

After a phonecall with Cara, I was all teared up. I was so happy to finally talk to her. She was living in New York, and she said she's going to visit sometime soon.

I walked to my closet, and grabbed a pair of grey sweatpants. I changed my shirt to a black Nirvana t-shirt. I walked out of my room, and walked into the kitchen.

This was nice. Not thinking about anything, not having any problems to think about. Of course, there are so many things to think about, but it's not necessary to use all of your time to that. 

Like now, I'm feeling happy. Not everything's perfect, but I'm not looking at all the bad in my life, but the good. I have my brother's back, my friends, I'm home again, I got to say to my bestfriend I'm alive and I'm not dead. I'm happy.

I walked into the living room, and saw Stefan sitting in the couch. I jumped next to him on the couch.

"Hey," I said. He layed down, and placed his head on my lap. I chuckled, Stefan always wanted me to play with his hair, when he was sad.

"You alright?" I asked.

"I'm just happy you're back," He said. "I really thought you and Damon were gone, for good." He looked into my eyes.

"I spent everyday in that prison world, crying because we'd left you. I thought about you all the time." I said.

"I'm happy actually." I said, feeling quite satisfied really.

"Why? There are so many things going on," He furrowed his eyebrows.

"But there are so many good things going on too," I said, and patted his cheeks before standing up.

I walked to bookshelf, and I grabbed a book. I opened it in the middle, and found a picture. It was one before we were all turned. We were so happy at the time.

"What do you have there?" Stefan stood up from the couch and walked towards me.

"It's a sibling picture father took of us before we were all turned and Katherine was in the picture," I said. "I remember that day. Damon was finally home. We were so happy." 

I smiled as I looked at the picture. It's so sick how things can change. Before we even knew about vampires, we were living a happy human life, ready to live our lives. Look at us now.

"Emma?" Stefan said as I put the book in the shelf again.

"Yeah?"

"I love you," he said, smiling.

I wrapped my arms around him "I love you too."

############

yo