blood // chapter 6

We have a knife with magic, we have the Ascendant and we only need Bennett blood. We have been searching through Sheila Bennett's house for some blood, and we haven't found one single drop of Bennett blood.

And, we were back in Mystic Falls.

I opened the door to my house, and I vamp speede'd to my room. I haven't been in my own room for what feels like ages, and by ages I mean three days.

I threw my sweater somewhere, and pulled the t shirt I got from Damon on. I sat on my bed, and took of my jeans aswell. I was throwing them against the door, and well, If Kai hadn't opened my door, my jeans wouldn't have hit him.

He closed his eyes when it hit him, and I couldn't help but to laugh.

"Very funny," he said and threw my jeans somewhere in the room.

"Nice legs," he said as he started checking me out.

"Knock much?" I rolled my eyes.

I layed myself on my bed, and I didn't realize how exhausted I was until now.

"Why cuddle a pillow when you can cuddle me?" Kai pouted from the side of my bed.

"Cause' you're always too busy to cuddle," I said, as I closed my eyes.

Kai took of his shoes, and jumped in the bed, next to me. "I'm never too busy to cuddle you, Em." He said, flashing a smile.

I just chuckled, and closed my eyes. It was hard, cause I could feel a pair of eyes staring at me.

"You're staring," I groaned. I'm tired, I want to sleep.

"You're too beautiful, it would be a shame not to look at you," he answered, my eyes opened. He was smiling like an idiot, and my felt my cheeks burn. I pulled my blanket over my head so he wouldn't see. "Even though you're a 171-year old badass vampire, you're cute as hell." He chuckled, and I'm so glad he didn't see my cheeks, cause they were burning up.

"Why the hell are you talking like that," I said under my blanket.
He just laughed at how embarresed I got from getting compliments.

"What? I'm just telling the truth." He said.

I pulled the blanket over my head, and he was all smiling, looking so happy. "What are you smiling about?"

"I don't know, I'm happy? We have magic, we just need a solution now." He said, sitting up. 

"Where are you going?" I asked as he stood up.

He sat on the edge of my bed, and held tightly onto the sheet. "Kai?" I asked quietly.

I sat up, and sat next to him. "Are you okay?"

"Where are you going when you get outta here?" He asked as he turned his head to me, and he looked suddenly really stressed.

"I'm going home, to my brothers and friends." I said.

"Are you gonna leave me?" He asked, and sweat was dripping from his forehead. Wow, he changed moods quickly.

"Are you gonna go anywhere?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"If you don't leave me, I won't leave you." I chuckled, which made him smile, a little.

I put my hand over his hand that was still holding onto the sheet. "You don't need to worry." I said, which made his grip on my sheet loosing.

In matter of seconds, he let go of his grip on my bed, and cupped my cheeks, and placed his lips on mine. I was taken by surprise, but I returned the kiss back after a couple of seconds. It was a ten second long kiss, before we slowly pulled away.

His eyes were locked in mine, and a smile grew on my face, but his smile faded.

He looked absolutely terrified, and stood up from the bed. "I can't be here." He said to himself.

"Kai." I said, furrowing my eyebrows. What the hell is happening?

"I-I can't be here." He repeated to himself again.

"What, why?" I asked, and he began pacing back and forth.

"I can't be here." He said once again, bringing his hands up to his face. "I-I can't be here. I-I can't!" He screamed, which made me jump backwards.

"Kai." I said, but he panicked so much, that he ran out of my room. I heard him running down the stairs, before running out of the front door and slamming it. "I can't be here." He whispered to himself, before he disappeared.

I sighed. He had probably never felt like this before. I don't know, but I don't blame him for reacting this way.

I walked out of my room, and down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen, and poured myself a glass of water. 

I turned around, and noticed a box on the counter?

I walked slowly to it, and noticed a note on top of it.

I unwrapped the paper, and instantly recognized the messy handwriting. 

hey em! this is damon, by the way.

so if you're reading this, bonnie didn't trick us or anything!! so that's a good thing.

you know when we went looking for the cure? yeah, silas' headstone is filled with magic!! go and get it, get Kai to siphon it and get the hell out of there!

and yes, you don't have bennett blood, but if you look trough this box, you might find some ;)

love you sissy, stay strong!! 

I  threw the paper to side, and ripped the box open. A red tube caught my attention, and my eyes widened.

There was blood in it, Bennett blood.

Bonnie Bennett, you are a fucking genius.