thanksgiving // chapter 5

I'm going to use alot of what Kai said in the episode, because I just love Kai in this episode hahaha

And btw the book will not follow the show, like he won't do what he did in the finale (im not trying to spoil soowwwy) and they wont get the cure for elena (or i dont think so i have not gotten that far lmao probably idk) , cause who gives a shit, but i loved the thanksgiving episode so i just had to write it

well and the merge is happening in this book to so and he will get powerful SO OK just forget everything i said or maybe half of it idk

###########

I woke up, I was hugging my knees. And I was in a car. It was early in the morning, and Kai was driving.

"Wakey wakey," he said, focused on the road.

"Where are we?" I said, sitting up properly.

"Portland, Oregon, stomping grounds of Courtney Love, Tonya Harding, and tons of other awesome people." He answered as he stopped the car. He walked around the car, and opened the door for me.

I unbuckled my seatbelt, and got out of the car. "Why the hell did you take me to Portland?" I chuckled.

"This is where I grew up," he answered, not looking so happy as he looked at the house.

"Why did you take me here?" I asked again as we stood outside the house, not moving at all.

"I've been counting eclipses since I was imprisoned on this empty planet, and according to my running tally, I've been here for 6,771 supernaturally repeating days, so in the real world, which we'll never get back to, today's my favorite day of the year."

"And what day is that?" I asked.

"Thanksgiving. I'm cooking you dinner." he said, stretching his arms out, to the side.

"And why didn't we just do that back in Mystic Falls? We could have just as easily made the food there, not drive all the way to Portland," I said as we walked slowly towards it.

He walked on the porch. "Ah memories. Pitter-patter of little siblings' feet, witchy-woo, chanting in the air, mom and dad calling me an abomination." He whispered to himself.

He turned his face to me. "Because now I can show it to someone. I mean, when we get out of here I don't think my family will exactly invite us to dinner, so I'll show you where I grew up now that I have the chance. My coven goes out of their way to make sure no one finds us, but since they're not here to be paranoid freak shows, mi casa es su casa. Come on." He said as we walked into the house.