Chapter 24 - Messed Up

Start from the beginning

I sigh in relief and look at Connor. "Okay, camera is off. Give me back my bag, I can carry it."

Connor looks at me emotionless and says, "No, I can do it. Plus, I won't be a gentleman if I gave it back to you since I already took it." 

I can feel my hand wanting to facepalm Connor's face but I remain calm. I count to three and give him a fake smile. "Okay, fine, whatever." 

The whole crew is already moving towards the exit and I look at my phone wistfully, wanting it to come back to life. Somehow, my phone is my life. 

And right now, I'm in need of battery. Of my own and my phone's.

"Into the limousine, pretty boy and pretty girl," Carlo waves at us, opening the door widely. 

I thank him and couldn't help but smile at him. Connor puts our luggage on the back and quickly enters the car. I move far away from him, on the other side of the window and he kept his space on the other side of the window. 

"Uhm, excuse me, sir, would you mind opening the radio, please?" I ask, biting my lip because I don't know how to speak Italian and English is all I'm good at.

"Radio? Musica? Certo!" A woman's voice replies and I blush in embarrassment for my mistake. 

"Grazie, uh, signora?" I question but my voice is overtaken by an Italian music.

I was about to make a request of changing it, but I thought that why not listen to their culture while I'm here.

I'm pretty sure Mom would be glad that I have something in common with her to talk about. That is if I figure out what the Italian words are. I better start learning them. 

Google translate!

I get my phone and realized that it's still dead.

I look around me, and I felt lonely. I can't talk to my friends, and family is quite dead to me a long time ago. 

I guess it's just me and Connor. And the loud music of a girl singing sadly. 

We passed by a lot of houses and small roads, but when we reached Milan, I can feel the sun burning me already.

The car stops and I look at the neighborhood, it looks like a good place. There's a flower shop, fruit shop, and a drug store nearby. I refrain myself from looking a McDonalds, remembering that I have to concentrate on eating locals. 

"Your stop is here," the lady driver opens the window that is between us and says in a very thick accent.

"Grazie!" Connor and I say at the same time. Connor quickly opens the door and as I was reaching it, he quickly closes it.

You better fix your attitude if you don't want the doctors to fix you soon-to-be-broken nose.

I open the door angrily and step my foot outside, I walk towards Connor who is taking care of our luggages. I take my luggage from him, not politely I might add. But Connor remained emotionless and looks at me dead in the eye, "I can handle it." 

"Are you sure you're not just going to throw it away at the garbage when I'm not looking?" 

"No promises," Connor says and walks ahead the big entrance 

I count to three and breathe in and out. Carlo and the crew just arrived and they all ushered me inside the revolving door.

Connor sits at one of the big cushions at the lobby and I stay far away from him and stand near the reception, where Carlo is busy talking to the receptionist.