Chapter 24 - Messed Up

Who's a very responsible writer? *waves hand* Yes, I updated! And I hope it won't lead me into another two years to write another one. Please, enjoy reading! 

ღღღღღღღ  

Chapter 23 - Messed Up || Cassidy's P.O.V.

"Okay, cut this trash."

Connor looks at me innocently and raises his eyebrow. "What are you talking about?"

I put down my fork and look at him narrowly, he does the same thing. 

"Why are you acting all pretty when we're on camera?" I lower my voice, not wanting the other passengers in the plane to hear. It was a pretty silent ride since the whole crew of this production booked the first class. Connor and I sat on the very first row on the right side. I sat on the window side while he sat on the aisle. 

"It's for show. That's what shows are nowadays; fake. You don't really expect to see any reality especially reality shows, right?" Connor gives a short laugh as he sits properly and looks at me. 

I remove my left ear plug, leaving me music-less. I open my mouth to say something, but Connor stops me. 

"The difference between other shows and this," he says as he motions everything around us, "the director didn't give us lines what to say or do, we just improvisation."

"Why would you want to be someone you're not?" I ask him, and suddenly I lost my appetite already and I close the lids of the food. I didn't look at Connor whilst I say this.

"How can you be yourself when you don't know how to?" Connor mumbles. 

I look at him only to find him closing his eyes, earplugs tucked in both ears and already pulling the blanket near him. He then turns on his side away from me, and suddenly, I felt alone.

I look ahead of me, Taylor Swift's album playing. I shake my head and plug my earphones and look at the time. 

Three more hours.

I look at the window and see the clouds hovering us as we pass them. They look so calm, as if we never existed. It feels like we keep on invading their privacy of silence, but they remain emotionless.

"All of these clips will be shortened for sure, so some of them will not make the cut, but we're planning on making all the travel to Italy short, like a minute maximum, so you don't need to worry on the little things, okay?" Carlo says and quickly disappears. 

I pull my bag out of the carousel as soon as I see it. Connor was beside me, but we haven't really talked ever since a while ago. 

Carlo suddenly speaks out loud, counting into five before the camera man starts shooting. At the same time, Connor takes his luggage out.

I put a small smile on my face, hoping this scene won't be part of the video. I pull my bag on my shoulder, but Connor looks at me and takes it from me.

I give him a surprised look, not sure what's really happening except the camera has a red light blinking at us.

"Thank you," I mumble. The flight was very tiring and I slept most of the time because I woke up really early for today, so I have no energy to fight Connor right now.

Connor smiles widely at me and I was quite sure that he had an amnesia of what happened on the plane earlier. 

"Cut! Now, onto the hotels!" Carlo tells the camera man.