Chapter 24

"—really think you should leave," I heard a vaguely familiar voice say in the near distance. My eyelids flickered open to see two blurs standing in front of me. I blinked, trying to readjust my vision. The blurriness slowly began fading, as my surroundings became more crisp. My body froze in shock seeing the tubes running up my arms, and my right leg tightly bandaged in a white cast. What the hell happened to me? Wasn't I on campus before? "We really can't have her seeing you when she's awake, she's really not stable—"

"—you can't fucking expect me to leave her while she's in the hospital! I love her, God damn it!" a guy that looked like Liam said. I stared at him, confused. Since when did he enjoy wearing suites? And why did he look a bit older since the last time I saw him?

"If you really love her, go," Christian said. Why the hell does he look older too? How long have I been here for? "Can't you see, you're the last person she wants to see now?" My brows scrunched together. Last person I want to see? Why would that be the case? I love Liam.

"Christian." He grounded his teeth together. "How would you feel if the love of your life gets taken away from you, and just when you think you're finally getting her back, she's ripped away from you again? That's how I fucking felt when I heard she was in a car accident! So, don't fucking tell me to go away. I'm going to stay here until she freaking opens her eyes, and let me know she's okay! And so, God help me if she's not, I'll—I'll fucking kill myself!"

"N-no!" I choked out, before I felt an indescribable pain shooting up the back of my spine. My eyes squeezed shut as my head hit the back of my pillow. Shouts and screams were heard all around me, before I heard Liam's sweet voice telling me it was okay; that he was here with me.

"Kylie—Kylie!" His shouts were frantic. "You need to rest. Don't stress yourself out anymore," he begged, as I heard his voice crack. "Please don't leave me anymore. Please Kylie, don't leave me."

"W-why w-w-ould I do that?" I asked, my voice coming out as a hoarse whisper. "What exactly is happening?"

"Kylie, sweetie," he whispered softly, his soft eyes glossy with tears. "You were in a car accident."

"A-an accident? How?" And how come I don't remember anything? Did I hit my head or something?

He looked down at me, contemplating for a moment, before he answered my question. "You were crossing the street from your apartment—"

"—my apartment?" I stuttered out, my face probably closed in a grimace from the pain. "Don't you mean our apartment?"

Liam stared at me, as shock registered on his face. "Kylie," he said once he gathered up his thoughts. "What exactly was the last thing you remembered?"

My lips pursed up in a thin line, as I tried to rack my brain for the answer. "I-I think I was getting ready for my Wellness class. I remember leaving campus, but anything after that, I-I don't know." I paused, lifting my hand to the side of my face. Liam reacted fast, and quickly shot his hand forward, taking a hold of my hand. I looked at him puzzlingly, wondering why he was acting so strange. Was there something on my head? He weakly smiled at me, before rubbing the tip of his thumb absentmindedly across the palm of my hand. He looked like he was deep in thought, as he debated with himself on something. "L-Liam," I called his name.

"Mmh?" he asked, still staring at my hand. 

"Did I—did I, um get into a car accident on my way to class?"

His movements stopped. "Kylie. What exactly am—"

"—please look at her Doctor," Christian quickly said, practically rushing a man wearing a long white coat forward. I looked at Liam who took a step back, making room for the new found presence. "She just woke up maybe five minutes ago."