Under the Sea Writing Contest

Everybody loves a good fish tale right?

Well, we do, anyway, which is why BrittanieCharmintine (author of Mermaids and The Vampires Who Love Them) and myself, Jos1eDemuth are hosting "The Under the Sea Writing Contest," during August 2015, which we hereby proclaim to be International Wattpad Mermaid Month.

The concept is simple, yet the prizes and judges are really quite mer-vellous.

So without further ado, here are all the details:

Contest rules

a. The protagonist, love interest, or antagonist must be a merperson. How you interpret a merperson is entirely up to you. Your characters can be the classic, ethereal type or they could be vicious and scary creatures of the deep. Honestly, so long as they have a fish's tail and a human upper half, the world is you oyster!

b. The word count is limited to 3,000 words. It can either be a short story or the beginning of a novel. If it's the beginning of a novel, we will also need a synopsis.

c. The contest opens for entries on August 1st. Entries due on August 18th. Finalists announced August 25th. Winner announced on August 31st.

d. Stories can be new creations or already be on Wattpad.

e. All entrants must be followers of Josie or Britt's.

Now, the exciting stuff!

The judges BrittanieCharmintineJos1eDemuthJessicaBFry, seawaneka, and rskovach will narrow the field down to 5 finalists. RebeccaSky, our celebrity judge, will choose the winner.

The Prizes: The five finalist's stories will be promoted by the judges and made into a special 'Under The Sea' collection by Josie and Britt on our profile pages.

The winner's story will be included on Wattpad's 'Stories Under The Sea' reading list https://www.wattpad.com/list/203717254-stories-under-the-sea and promoted by all the judges.

Instructions on how to enter will be announced on August 1st.

We await your tales!!!!