The Under the Sea Writing Contest is now live!

Everybody loves a good fish tale right? Well, we do, anyway, which is why BrittanieCharmintine ( 'Mermaids and The Vampires Who Love Them' author) and myself are hosting "The Under the Sea Writing Contest," during August, which we hereby proclaim to be International Wattpad Mermaid Month.

The concept is simple, yet the prizes and judges are really quite mer-vellous.

Here are all the details: 

Contest rules. 

a. The protagonist, love interest, or antagonist must be a merperson. Your characters can be the classic, ethereal type or they could be vicious and scary creatures of the deep. As long as they have a fish's tail and a human upper half, the world is you oyster!

b. The word count is limited to 3,000. It can either be a short story or the beginning of a novel. If it's the beginning of a novel, we will also need a synopsis, which doesn't count in the word limit.

c. Entries due by August 18th. Finalists announced August 25th. Winner announced on August 31st.

d. Stories can be new creations or already be on Wattpad.

e. All entrants must be followers of Josie or Britt's.

Now, the exciting stuff!

The judges, Brittanie BrittanieCharmantine, JosieJos1eDemuth, Jessica JessicaBFry, Sandi seawaneka, and Rita rskovach will chose the 5 finalists. Rebecca RebeccaSky will choose the winner.

The Prizes: The five finalist's stories will be promoted by the judges and made into a special 'Under The Sea' collection by Josie and Britt on our profiles.

The winner's story will be included on Wattpad's 'Stories Under The Sea' reading list - https://www.wattpad.com/list/203717254-stories-under-the-sea, and promoted by all the judges.

To enter, tag your stories #UnderTheSeaWritingContest2015 

AND post a link in one of these two places: 

https://www.wattpad.com/150349299-a-thousand-salt-kisses-book-1-of-salt-kiss-series 

OR 

https://www.wattpad.com/150352658-brittanie%27s-evil-empire-under-the-sea-writing 

Good luck!