TEOYAM | 15. Just Forget the World

Start from the beginning

"Veronica Rockefeller, you're up in fifteen seconds!" The assistant backstage took me by the arm and pulled me by the entrance.

Oh, God.

This was it.

Oh my goodness, I don't think I can do it!

Shoot me!

"Ronnie!"

A voice parted all the doubts in my head, very much like the parting of the red sea in the Old Testament, as I turned around to face the person who called my name. I spotted the face I've been wanting to see a few steps away from me, squeezing his way through the people backstage. He was wearing a tux, that I'm assuming was new given how the fabric looked, while holding an empty tray. I guess he did manage to land the catering job for New York Fashion Week after all. His hair was pushed back, just the way I like it. He looked absolutely beautiful and I couldn't help but just stare.

"Good luck out there. Break a leg," he grinned. He placed an arm around my waist and pulled me towards his body, planting a kiss on my forehead.

That was all the assurance I needed.

I don't know how he does it, really. It's like a freaking miracle how he can turn any situation into a good one.

Is this what it feels like?

You know, having intense feelings for someone. Do you automatically see the bright side in everything? And all of a sudden, the grass no longer looks greener on the other side of the fence?

"I'll see you later, yeah?" He let me go, giving me a wink just as I was pulled by the stage assistant.

"Go!" She shouted as I finally entered the runway, the bright lights hitting my face as I walked.

"Good job everyone! Marvellous work!" The director clapped his hands, thanking everyone for their contribution to the success of the show while everyone was busy packing up and getting dressed. "Now, it's time to celebrate! See you all at the after party!" He beamed before he snapped his fingers, signaling his assistants to follow him as he exits the room.

"All done!" My stylist squealed as she swept my hair behind me. "Your date tonight will definitely have his jaw dropped all night with you looking like this," she giggle as I furrowed my eyebrows in confusing.

"I don't have a date, Liz." I smiled, glancing at my reflection in the mirror.

"Oh, please. Then who was the handsome man who gave you a good luck kiss earlier, eh?" She nudged me as she wiggled her eyebrows.

My eyes shot wide open and my cheeks soon turned a bright shade of red. "W-what? I don't know what you're talking about. Ha," I laughed nervously, standing up from my seat and facing the opposite direction.

And I wish I didn't do that, really. Because the sight a few feet away from me made my stomach turn and in a not so pleasant way.

Genevieve had her arms wrapped around Harry's neck as she spoke with a huge smile on her face. She then planted a kiss on his cheek before linking her arms with his as they walked away.

People usually encounter slow motion moments when good things happen in their lives. You know, the kind you see in movies wherein the damsel shows up at the big ball and she's walking down the staircase while her dashing prince awaits in the middle of the dancefloor and his eyes are locked only on her.

Mine, however, are always when bad things happen.

Witnessing the scene between Genevieve and Harry was one of them, and what I hated the most-- more than seeing that-- was how I can't ever forget my slow motion moments. And, I was desperate to do whatever it took to forget that heart wrenching moment earlier that night.