Chapter 8: This isn't Tag

Start from the beginning

We began driving in silence. It was uncomfortable at first, but then my anger got me so mad that I didn't even care that it was awkward. Maybe I should've been honored that he enjoyed chasing me, but I wasn't a little kid, and this wasn't a game of tag. It was so much more than that. I had a crush on Aspen since I was in 2nd grade, he was in 3rd, and now that he was finally noticing me more than being just another girl on the soccer team I felt special.

I noticed that we weren't driving anywhere near my house. Instead, he was driving to the complete opposite side of town that I lived in.

"Where are we going? I said I wanted to go home."

"I can't take you home in this condition. You're drunk and I don't think your parents would still like me if I brought you home like that." Aspen didn't look at me; he just stared at the empty road ahead of us.

"I don't care what they think of you. I want to go home," I snapped. He was making me angrier. I swore my ears were beginning to steam.

"Damn it Branson! Don't you get it?" He slammed his hand on the wheel and turned to me. Thankfully, we were at a red light. "I need your parents to like me. What kind of boyfriend would I be if your parents didn't like me?"

Boyfriend. That made my head hurt even more. Was I seriously that drunk, or did he actually say boyfriend?

"It's a good thing you're not my boyfriend," I whispered, but just loud enough for him to hear. "Take me to Caleb's house then. I don't want to be around you anymore."

"Ella, just let me take you to my house." Aspen sighed.

I allowed him to slip his hand into mine. Was I over reacting? Maybe I was just way too drunk. He wanted to be with me, so why was I letting him finally saying that turn me away? He was everything I wanted. All the things that I used to dream about were now coming true. Aspen wanted me, so why wouldn't I just let him like me?

"Okay."

"Here take my shirt. You can sleep in it tonight." Aspen tossed me a shirt.

I was on the bed staring at the ceiling. Posters were aligned along his walls of video games and soccer players. Trophies were stretched out across his shelves and a computer sat on his desk. It wasn't that much different than Caleb's room, except Aspen's room made me nervous. After all, he did admit to me that he wanted to be my boyfriend, and now I sat in his room on his bed.

"Aren't you going to come lay with me?" I smirked at the white ceiling.

"Just put on the shirt," he groaned and now handed me the shirt. I hadn't caught it when he tossed it to me the first time.

"I don't want to." I was acting like a child. My body flipped around and I was now on my stomach. I heard Aspen sigh behind me.

"You're not going to be comfortable in your dress."

"I don't care," I protested.

"I can't believe you're making me do this," he grumbled and turned me around. Aspen sat me up and climbed across me on the bed. Despite me throwing beer in his face, he smelt very good, almost like cinnamon.

Aspen slowly unzipped my dress. Every single thing inside me froze. What was he doing? I felt the cool air hit my exposed back. He reached the end of the zipper and tugged at the bottom of dress. Instantly, I became embarrassed. He was about to see my bra, my ever so childish bra. It was white with hearts on it; way to go Target bras. Didn't Target know that soon a boy would be pulling my dress off?

I lifted my butt and allowed for the bottom half of the dress to be pulled off my body. I wasn't looking at Aspen, and I was thankful for that. My face was bright red. At least he wasn't seeing the front side of my body. My boobs were practically hanging out of my bra because it was a couple sizes too small. In my stomach, I was feeling bloated due to unfortunate time of the month. If he saw my front side I would surly just bend over and die.

The dress was off my body and I sat on his bed in only my underwear. Aspen's fingers trailed along my exposed back.

"You're beautiful," he whispered in my ear. His lips met my neck and it felt as if I melted into him. I wanted so much more of him, but I knew he wouldn't let that happen, not after what happened at the party.

Before I knew it, his dark blue t-shirt was pulled over my head and my arms reached through the sleeves. Aspen inched me up the bed and placed me under the covers. He was being so gentle with me, and I loved every minute of it.

"Goodnight," he whispered to me and I felt the brush of his lips against my forehead.

"Where are you going?" I asked when he began walking towards the door.

"I'm going to sleep on the couch tonight." He scratched his back and looked at the ground.

"Can you stay?" I whispered and pulled the comforter closer to my face.

"You mean that?" His eyes met mine.

I nodded and padded the spot next to me.

He crawled onto the bed. He only wore a red shirt and boxers. That should've made me even more nervous, but for some reason I felt comfortable and safe with him. It felt right being next to him.

Aspen took my hand into his and I placed it over my chest as I inched closer to him. My body was scrunched into a ball against his chest. I felt my waist against his groin.

"I've a had crush on you since 2nd grade," I whispered to him. It was the alcohol talking, but I didn't care. I wanted Aspen to know that.

"Really? Why didn't you ever say anything?" He asked. His breath tickled against my neck.

"I was too scared. Besides, my sister had an even bigger crush on you, and you know that she always seems to get what she wants."

Aspen's entire body tensed up next to me.

"What's wrong?" I asked at his strange movement.

"I just wish you told me earlier that you liked me," Aspen said and snuggled into my body.

"Me too," I replied and slowly as my eyes drifted into darkness.

-----------------------------------------------------

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!! Ignore the typos and what not.

Sooooo, how'd you guys think the date went?

I'm so sorry Caleb wasn't in this chapter again. (I miss sharing him with you guys too)

as always, vote/comment/share. I want to hear absolutely everything that you were thinking during this chapter because there is defiantly a lot to think about.

I love you all <3

-Sarah