Maybe I shouldn't. He kind of gave me a bad vibe earlier and his rudeness made it even worse. He was also pretty much a stranger.

But then again when am I going to have another opportunity to ride in another one of these beauties?! At the time, I lived next door to a complete bitch and seeing her reaction when I pull up in a car like this would be totally worth it.

"Tick, tock. The clock is ticking. If you don't answer soon I'm going to go up to that hot mamacita up front and ask her if she wants a ride instead."

I snapped my head up to see a woman with barely any clothes on. She was wearing a supposed crop top that only covered a portion of her tits and a skirt that rode up her ass.

I usually wouldn't judge as hard but I mean... have some respect. There's a difference between someone who's confident in their own body and someone who's just completely trashy. We were in a family friendly part of the town too, at least cover up a bit more.

"Her?" I scrunched up my nose, turning back around to face Damien. I kept my comments to myself but I'm pretty sure they were obvious based off my facial expression.

"Somebody's jealous." he teased.

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm not jealous... I just really want a ride in this car" I said, climbing in.

Damien smirked again. "Or you're just really attracted to me"

I huffed. "No, I'm not. Okay? You asked me if I wanted a ride and I would rather prefer one of these beauties taking me home than walking home" I looked around the interior of the car. I still couldn't believe it. "My address is 42-"

I was cut off by Damien. "4234 on Lilac Dr."

"How do you know my address?" I questioned trying to hide my climbing fear. Here we go again. I reached for the door handle, ready to run out.

Damien noticed and quickly locked the doors "My friend lives around and I see you outside sometimes. Relax, princess. You're safe with me." Damien looked at me for a moment as I nodded slowly.

"Okay. I just-" I shook my head and turned to face the window, embarrassed by my reaction.

We stayed quiet as we starting our route to my house until Damien stopped at a red light.

"Is looking outside really more interesting than looking at my face?" He questioned egotistically.

"It might take you as a surprise but... yeah it is." I told him.

He nodded. We both watched the light turn from red to green. Almost as if he were waiting for the light to turn green to speak he said "Nova Brielle. Very exotic. I like it."

I didn't tell him my last name. Just like I hadn't told him my first name or my address. I looked down at my shoes, cursing myself for being scared of everything. I gulped and shifted a bit in my seat.

He sensed my fear. "Everybody knows your name. You work in one of the most famous coffee shops in town. Word gets around"

Of course, Nova! You're so stupid.

I took a deep breath in an attempt to calm myself down.

Damien is a guy who fixed your AC and is now kindly giving you a ride home. That's it. Not a serial killer or some type of kidnapper.

"Yeah, it's different. It's kind of nice not having to share the same name with a lot of people" I decided to respond in order to distract myself from the awkwardness coming from our conversation. Mainly my fault.

"Hmm, so are you Hispanic? That's where the name Nova comes from right?"

I don't know where he got that assumption from. I shook my head "I'm not exactly sure where it comes from. I'm not Hispanic. I was born here. A little bit of Italian in me. My parents just like to be different and decided to give me a name you wouldn't easily guess."

Damien chuckled slightly. "You don't look like a Nova. With your big brown eyes and brown hair you look like a Scarlett, something like that. Nova doesn't fit you."

"Thanks for your insight" I mumbled sarcastically.

"Since it doesn't fit you... it can catch someone by surprise once you tell your name. It has some kind of mysterious vibe to it too. I like that about your name. It's surprising because everyone expects your name to be basic but it's anything but that and-" He shook his head and stopped himself once he realized he was rambling.

"Interesting." I smiled at Damien, finding him getting carried away with his words was cute.

Cute? Really Nova?!  I've been in this car way too long.

"So, what's your full name? I mean you know mine so it's only fair that I know yours"

"I don't play to be fair" He turned on the street leading to my house. "Besides, I don't want you to use Google to find me. You'll use my name to look for me and fantasize about my sexiness." Damien smirked once more, winking.

He smirks a lot. Sign of a confident man.

"Sure, okay, whatever" I frowned.

Damien stopped the car and nodded at my house. "There's no time left to tell you anyways"

I looked up at my house and back at Damien. "Oh yeah. Thanks for the ride. See you around, maybe?" I asked with a sense of hope.

"Definitely." He nodded, unlocking the car doors.

I opened the door and climbed out shutting the door behind me.

Damien rolled down the window "Nova?"

"Yeah?"

"Damien Pierce" He said, before speeding away in his fancy car.