Chapter 12

I picture Harley as Keke Palmer

Thursday, October 11

"Do you know a girl named Harley?"

"Maybe. Why do you ask?"

Once we got up to Kyle's apartment he actually invited me in. He didn't have to ask me twice, I pushed right past him and plopped down on his couch. I wasn't taking this moment for granted.

Harley said some things to me that really made me curious. She said that Kyle recently used her and even though Kyle isn't my boyfriend he is still giving me kisses and making my stomach have butterflies. If he thinks he can go around playing games with me he's so wrong. "I met Harley today. She came to my job for a tire."

"You sell tires?"

"Not the point," I tell him. "She told me something."

Kyle scowls at me crossing his arms. "Did she?"

"Yes. Do you know her?"

"Yes. I know her. So what?" He stands up and walks into the kitchen. At least he didn't lie about knowing her. Once I asked about her I expected him to yell and say it's none of my business.

I follow him into the kitchen where he's drinking what seems to be a beer."She told me that you recently slept with her," I say.

"Yes, I did. And I don't plan on doing it again," he assures me. "And if you see Harley again, ignore her. She's crazy."

"Then why did you sleep with her?"

"You're really pushing my patience with all these questions, Imogen. Alright? So either leave or make out with me." It's a tempting offer, really. I just don't feel like kissing him even though his lips look more than kissable.

"I'll take the first offer." I see his jaw clench in frustration and I grin at him, turning to leave. I feel him grab my arm tightly.

"Imogen, I'm finally starting to realize that I want you. Within seconds you have me falling on my knees after I was so convinced that I don't want you but - look Imogen, I don't know how to be your..."

"My boyfriend?" I fill in for him. I didn't even think he'd want to go as far as boyfriend and girlfriend but I guess i'm just that irresistible. Even to him.

"Mhm, I've never done this type of thing before so you're going to have to help me."

^^^

"We'll start with something light and easy. Honesty."

"And we had to drive down to the park to discuss honesty... because?"

If we're in public he can't blow up on me if I push him too far. I can't actually tell him that so I sit down on the nearest bench and get comfortable. "It's a nice day."

"It's freezing cold."

"Shut up and sit down," I say playfully glaring at him. "If we're going to make this relationship work we have to be honest with each other. We can't lie and we can't keep things from each other just because we want to protect each other or something."

"Seems easy enough," Kyle comments. I don't want to jump into anything heavy with him so I'm going to start with asking him who Aiden really is.

"Who is Aiden?"

He sits down next to me and sighs. "Imogen, I was telling you the truth when I said he's a kid I baby sit. I could use the extra money, you know?"

Seems legit. "Right."

"My turn," he says. "Do you see Jaxon in a romantic way?" He seems nervous as he asks this. Nervous Kyle? Oh boy.

I could never look at Jaxon in a romantic way. He's too goofy and weird. "Never," I tell him honestly.

"Good."

"Why is Jaxon's apartment off limits?" That's not really a real question but I'm curious.

Kyle looks at me as if to say what kind of question is that. "Do you really want to know?" he asks.

Do I? No. I don't. "Never mind. I just - if this is really going to work... you can't shut me out or just tell me to leave when you don't feel like talking. Can you promise me that?" He shakes his head. Grabbing my hand he pulls me onto his lap.

"I can't promise you that, exactly. I can only promise you that I will try my very best."

"Okay, that works."

"Are you sure you want me?"

"Yes."