IM NOT AT VIDCON AND IM SAD

Me and Phil didn't say another word to each other after that, I could barely look at him never mind forcing words out.

When lunch was over he said he should go and check in, it was probably just an excuse to escape the tension.

Louise and I had decided we wanted to go shopping and told Connor and Troye we would catch up with then later.

We had only bought a few items but instead of continuing shopping we headed straight for Central Park. We found an empty bench and sat down with coffees in hand.

"Dan I can't believe Phil" she sighed

I didn't know how to respond

"I mean everything he's done and know this" she shook her head

"Louise, he- he kissed me" I hadn't told her yet, I felt pretty ashamed

"What?" She almost chocked on her coffee

"We went to the cinema and long story short we made out during the whole film"

"Jeez Dan that was a long film as well" she giggled

I nodded

"And the night out? How did that go?" She asked

"I met this guy Zach but Phil was at the apartment so..." i trailed off

She cringed slightly "oh"

"Yep" I said popping the p

"At least we're only here a week and then you can keep your distance. Wait are you still his best man?"

"Currently but I'm going to tell him I'm not attending"

"So you aren't even going to go?"

"I don't think I could"

"If you're sure"

"Yeah I am"

***

I arrived at my hotel room and threw myself onto the soft bed, I sighed loudly.

My phone buzzed and I pulled it out of my pocket, it was a text from YouTube:

Mr howell/ Danisnotonfire

All the Youtubers are invited to a luxury dinner curtesy of YouTube. all the details are in the link below

nopetynope.biz.uk

I had a few hours until the dinner and I needed a shower to relax myself, definitely not a steamy one however.

I picked up a towel and closed the door to the bathroom, I switched on the shower and hopped in.

My favourite thing about showers is how relaxing they are, they do a good job of helping you forget about the world around you and that's exactly what I needed right now.

After spending maybe too long in the shower I climbed out and examined my wrinkly fingers, I always wondered how that happened, ah yes more irrelevant knowledge that would most definitely not help me in day to day life.

I flung on a shirt (the picture at the beginning of the chapter) and obviously black skinny jeans, I laced up my shoes and say on my bed opening the Internet.

I checked my Twitter mentions and giggled at the most random shit my followers had mentioned me in, they made me feel a little better, they never failed to put a smile on my face.

Suddenly there was a knock at my door, it made me jump, I shut the lid of my laptop and stood up.

"Well hello there" a strong recognisable American accent greeted me as I swung my hotel room door open.

"Tyler!" I was happy to see him

"Wow you look hawt" he laughed looking me up and down

"Why thank you not too bad yourself"

"Oh please I look sexy"

We both laughed, he invited himself in and jumped on my bed, carefully avoiding my laptop.

"Ready to go to dinner?" He asked still admiring my outfit

"Sure" I smiled forcefully

"What's wrong Daniel?" He sounded concerned

"Phil is getting married on the 19th of October"

He looked confused for a second before it all seemed to click.

"I'm sorry" he tried to give me a reassuring smile

"Ah it's fine" I lied

***

Tyler and I were some of the first to arrive so we could pick our seats.

It didn't take long for everyone else to pile in, I was sat in between Tyler and Caspar which made for good conversation.

The table was circular making it easier to see everyone.

The whole night was rather fun, I had decided that I would be collabing with Troye and Marcus while we are all together.

Phil didn't say much, he looked awkward and uncomfortable, it was probably because him and Cat had in a way been excluded from the YouTube community, not on purpose, they had kind of done it to themselves, they barely even spoke to the other Youtubers.

***

Everyone had decided to go to a nearby nightclub but I turned down the offer, instead I went back to my hotel room and started editing a new video. I also used this time to email Phil

*the email*

Phil, something family related has come up so I won't be able to attend the wedding unfortunately.
Best wishes Dan.

I hit send and switched my attention back to the video.

The hours ticked by and I was eventually finished, I checked the time, just after midnight.

I changed into pyjamas and tucked myself into bed, I switched on the TV, I fell asleep shortly after, the noise of the program in the background echoing around me.

TILL NEXT TIME