NETFLIX AND PIZZA

For the past two days I had managed to push all thoughts of Phil to the back of my mind, it was difficult but I kept my self occupied with other tasks which helped.

I grabbed my phone as I got out of bed, the room was cold, I immediately picked up a shirt lying on the floor and pulled it over my head.

I walked into the kitchen as my phone buzzed, I examined the screen, it was a text from Phil:

Hey Dan, is today okay to film a gaming video? If so I could come over at around 3.

I could feel tears swarming in my eyes, every time Phil had to ask permission to come over or stay it made me cry, things were so different a few years ago, I missed waking up knowing Phil was in the next bedroom.

I wanted to see Phil today I was sure of that, I checked the time, it's just after ten.

Yeah Phil that should be fine, I'll get the camera and set up.

He replied with a simple 'k' and it pissed me off more than it should have.

I showered, got changed, cleaned the apartment, brushed my teeth and set up our filming equipment by half two, I was siting in my browsing position on the sofa when I heard someone coming up the stairs.

"Dan?" I knew it was Phil

"In here" I shouted

He peeked his head round the door

"Oh hi" he seemed delighted to see me

"Ready?" I assumed he just wanted to film the video quickly and go home

"I have stacks of time, we can don't need to film straight away I told Cat I wouldn't be home until after 9 so I'll stay and edit this one" the mention of her name made my stomach churn but I felt an ease when Phil said he was going to be staying a while.

"Okay, ive not seen the next episode of America Horror Story, have you?" I missed sitting with Phil on the couch watching TV until we feel asleep, we used to cuddle together and fall asleep on each other's chests.

"No I've not seen it!" He was enthusiastic

"I'll get drinks and some food and you start it up" I got up and walked passed him

"Eh Dan?"

"Yeah."

"Do you still use our joint Netflix?"

"Of course" I replied

I heard him mutter something to himself but it wasn't loud enough for me to hear.

I returned a few minutes later with some popcorn and cola for us both, Phil had wrapped himself up in a blanket like a caterpillar.

"Here you are Mr Lester" I held out the drink for him

He struggled for a few seconds getting his hands out of the blanket.

"Thank you" he smiled, God I love his smile "it's freezing in here" he added shivering

"I know so share the only blanket I've got" I demanded laughing

"Fine" he giggled unwrapping himself and throwing the blanket over us both.

We had finished the popcorn and our drinks half way through the show so I got up shortly to put the empty cups back in the kitchen.

I came back in and was greeted with a smiling Phil, the smile never leaving his face the whole time I sat down. We un paused the program and I got comfy again.

"Ah" Phil screamed "oh my god Dan this is terrifying" he was completely over reacting but I didn't mind

Suddenly he grabbed hold of my arm and pulled it towards him, he buried his head in my chest, I moved my arm around his waist and pulled him closer.

"Phil it's not real, you're okay"

He looked up at me, our eyes meeting.

"Well I'm terrified so I'm not looking at that screen until i see Evan Peters"

"Well you won't be able to see Evan Peters if you're not looking at the screen" I informed him, our eyes still not leaving each other's

"You know what I mean" He placed his head back on my chest and let go of my arm, he moved his arms around me holding me close.

"I'll let you know when Evan appears"

"Thank you" he whispered his position not changing.

After about ten minutes Evan Peters appeared on the screen

"Evan is on TV Phil" I brushed his hair out of his face.

He was asleep, he had fallen asleep on top of me.

I picked up my phone to check the time, it was nearly half three.

When the episode finished I decided on not waking Phil, I put on a movie and when it was done I would wake him up so we could film.

He looked so peaceful, he really was beautiful, I don't think Cat appreciates what she has, what she gets to wake up to every morning and call hers.

I sighed at the thought, I really know how to ruin things.

***

"Dan" Phil's voice interrupted the film, I immediately paused it.

"Yeah" he began to sit up

"What time is it?" He yawned

"Nearly five"

"Okay. Do you want to order something in and then we can film the video" his tired voice was so sexy.

"Sure. Pizza?" I asked

"Pizza" he giggled "hey maybe pizza will be our always" butterflies appeared in my stomach

"Came yourself you're an engaged man" I joked

"Yeah, yeah" he seemed sadder at that

"I'll get my laptop" I announced

"Okay" he said half heartedly