THE PLANE

The airport was fairly empty, I was waiting for them to call my flight number, tumblr was keeping me entertained while I waited.

It has been 3 days since I had last seen Phil and the thought of seeing him today made me ill.

"Flight 587 to New York now boarding" a voice filled the airport

I put my bag over my shoulder and made my way in the direction for boarding.

***

As soon as I was on the plane I took the window seat and put in my earphones, I closed my eyes hoping to get some rest before we landed.

Just as my eyes closed someone sat down beside me, I flickered my eyes open and was greeted by an awkward looking Phil!

My jaw dropped slightly, I had no idea what to say, he pulled out his phone and quickly put in his earphones to avoid conversation.

***

I woke to the unpleasant feeling of turbulence, I took out my earphones, Phil was sleeping, he had brushed his hair out of his face forming a small quiff.

I needed to pee badly, I didn't want to wake him, he looked so peaceful,so perfect. I shook my head to clear my thoughts, I tapped his arm in the hope of waking him.

"Dan?" He yawned

"I need to pee" I said avoiding eye contact

He giggled "I'll get up" he undid his seatbelt and stood up.

Our chests brushed by each other and our lips were within inches of each other, it took all my strength not to crash mine on his.

I locked the door to the bathroom and breathed heavily, my nerves had made the urge to pee disappear.

I stood looking at myself in the mirror, i was red from blushing and I looked really tired. I sighed and splashed my face with cold water.

I made my way back to my seat, Phil immediately stood up when he saw I had returned, I shuffled between the small gap and took my seat.

"I'm sorry about the other day" he said, I turned to face him but he wasn't looking at me

"What day?" I was unsure of what day he was apologising for

"The other night when you were with that guy" he spoke bitterly

"I didn't want an apology for that day" I sighed, I really didn't care about Zach walking out, he would have only been a one night stand anyway, I was hurt by the fact he left after I said I could treat him better.

"For when then?" He raised his eyebrow

"When you left after I just- I just told you I was hurt when you left me for cat" that didn't come out the way I wanted

"I didn't leave you for Cat, we weren't together Dan!" He almost shouted

"You know what I mean" I wasn't even sure what I meant

"My fiancé called me and I went home, what else was I supposed to do? Wait around for you to decide what you want!" He spat

"I know what I want Phil, I want you"

He was silent as though he was processing what I just said.

"Don't tell me I don't know what i want because I'm not the one that's engaged but kisses and holds hands with someone else" I grunted without waiting for his reply

"I wanted you Dan, since 2009 but how could I ever make it work when all you would do was try and convince the world you liked vagina" he sighed.

I laughed a little "fyi I like vagina"

He started to giggle "no homo howell"

"Yes homo howell" I responded, the pair of us in stitches

"Dan, if you had told me how you felt then maybe we could have been together" Phil informed me

I could feel the tears filling in my eyes "could have been" I echoed his words

"I've got Cat now" he put his hand on my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me.

"Yeah I get it" no I didn't

"Thank you" he kissed my cheek "goodnight"

"Night"

As soon as I was sure he was asleep I burst into tears, god why was I so pathetic?