"Is everything alright?" Bethany asks.

I quickly come up with an explanation in my head. I couldn't come up with anything that wouldn't give Bethany a hint to what my best friend feels for her. I spot a gas station up ahead and look down at the fuel gauge. There is just a quarter of the tank left. I should fill it up now since we will be driving for six hours. "Yes, everything is fine. I'm just going to pull in here to get gas."

Bethany nods. "Yeah, sure. That's fine. So, Sally, how is your leg?"

I put on my blinker, pulling into the gas station.

"It's okay," my sister replies. "The pain killers help with the pain, especially when I'm walking on it."

Bethany smiles. "That's great."

I stop the car, putting the gear into park and cut the engine. I turn to everyone. "If you want to get any snacks or drinks while I fill up, you can."

Bethany agrees to and gets out of the car, leaving me with my sister and Julian. We sit there in silence for a moment.

"Why did you clamp your hand over my mouth?" my sister asks.

"Sorry. It's just that Julian doesn't want Bethany to know he has a crush on her," I explain.

Sally glances at Julian. "You should tell her." She smiles. "She seems to like you back."

Julian blushes, his mouth opening and closing as he struggles to find the right words. "Y-You really think so?"

Sally nods. "I saw the way she smiled at you when you offered her the paper bag. She likes you, Julian."

Julian smiles cheerfully. He then hops out of the car and heads inside the gas station.

"Do you think he will ever ask her out?" Sally asks me. "I hear you two talked about her all the time."

"I don't know, but hopefully by the time we help with Bigfoot they could get together."

Sally gives me a sneaky smile.

"What are you thinking?" I ask, returning her sneaky smile. I get the feeling I know what she is up to.

"We need to set something up to get them together."

"I agree. What do you have in mind?"

Sally shrugs. "I'm not sure yet. I have to think about it."

I unbuckle my seat belt and then open the door. "Okay, well don't let it interfere with us finding Bigfoot. Love and match making can wait after we find him."

Sally nods. "Okay, bro."

I get out of the car. "Do you need anything inside?"

She shakes her head. "I'm fine, thanks."

I leave my sister and fill my car up with petrol. I then head inside to pay for it. Within five minutes we were back in the car and back on the road, driving towards Interstate Ninety, which will take us right across the Washington state. We keep following the road until we reach Route 395, which will lead us north to Colville National Forest. Since it was a long trip, Bethany, Julian and I agree to take turns of driving whenever we feel a need to have a break.

"So tell me how you met Bigfoot?" Bethany asks us.

Julian explains our story to her that no one really wants to hear. She listens carefully to us, not judging us for what we had seen last Friday night. It made me feel glad that Bethany was here with us. Both she and Sally never questioned Julian or me about what we have seen. They could have, but didn't. I still wished Dad could be on this road trip with us, but he is not.