It was 2:30 when I saw my destination and my heart was beating so quickly. I felt the butterflies in my stomach and at the same time, I felt like I was going to be sick.

"Please let this be okay." I whispered out loud to myself.

I parked my car where I knew I wouldn't be in the way and that I could easily see the entrance.

The big sign, in front, that said, 'SaintMarcusHigh School'.

"What am I doing?" I said out loud again.

Thinking of my parents again, if only they knew I was doing this, I'd be in so much trouble. My excuse of being an adult wouldn't help me out with them but I just couldn't wait any longer.

Waiting for Anne to get out of the school felt like forever, the seconds felt like minutes and minutes felt like hours.

"This is ridiculous." I told myself. "What are you hoping to achieve?" I asked, like I was talking to someone else.

If I'd be a smoker, this would be a great time to have one.

Around 20 minutes later, I finally started to see kids coming out of the school, I knew Anne was going to come out any minute and now my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest.

I got out of the car and went around. I leaned on the passenger door. I didn't want to miss her and this was the easiest way to see, also I'd be able to act quickly when I saw her.

A few minutes later, I saw her come out of the school with two other girls. They were all talking and it seemed like a deep conversation.

I didn't want to interrupt but I knew this was the only time I had. I knew I couldn't do this twice.

When I saw her start to walk in the opposite direction, away from me, I pushed myself off the car and decided to yell.

"Anne!"

I saw her turn around so I lifted my arm in the air to get her attention. When she spotted me I could immediately see that she was surprised.

She said something to her friends and then quickly walked towards me.

When we were close enough she gave me a hug.

"Hi! What are you doing here?" she said still hugging me.

I pulled away, "I thought I'd give you a ride home." I said, lying through my teeth.

"Oh. I'm not going home. I was going to the mall with a couple of friends."

"Oh, okay. I thought I'd give it a shot." I said, feeling disappointed and a bit angry at myself.

"I can cancel if you want." She offered.

"No... Go have fun with your friends." I told her.

She looked at her friend and showed them her hands and her fingers were separated. She was telling them to give her 5 minutes.

I saw one of the girls nod her head and then Anne looked at me.

"What made you decide to come here?" She asked.

"Well, to be honest I wanted to know how it was going with the guy you like." I said.

It was true. I did want to know so it wasn't a complete lie.

"It's going good. He's so nice and so sweet. I want him to meet my parents but he's nervous so we decided to wait."

Interesting, I thought.