Chapter 17: Lost In Time.

Mina's point of view.
Years before.

I can almost smell it.
Mother holds my hair again when I tell her I will not let them touch me again. She tells me how ungrateful I am because she's just afraid to help, but I know she's not.
She never does.
Father watches quietly from the door, while Marie plays in her room. He will never say a word.
I can not only smell it, but I can see it replaying in my head over and over again: Reaching out for the sissors in the table and stab my Mother's neck. It smells salty, and the blood is more purple- red than bright red. I think it's the way it looks like when you hit an important vein.
  I smile.
My mother stops and stares at my mouth, frowning.
"Little devil" She mutters" Whatever that it is that you're planning, stop it!"
I can almost see the blood going down until my feet are wet and red.
And I find out I want it more than anything else I have ever wanted. Even more than ice cream.
"Sang, we need to find out..." Father starts quietly, but I turn right away to him.
"I'm not Sang!"
I'm so mad at her. She made me to handle this, I know, even now. Eight years old.
And I can't seem to stop.
"Sorry, Mina. Get on the car"
"You've listen little brat!" Mother pulled my hair in her fist and I hit her on the stomach. Mother bends and I run.
My mind keeps replaying the red. How would it feel like in my hands? On my skin?
I hide very well. It's not so hard with this little body I have. I can almost dissapear. And for a little while, I do.
"Sang!" She calls for me, but she knows that's not my name "Little whore! I'm gonna find you!"
Mother opens up the door of the basement and stares at the dark.
"Sang!"
Slowly and soundless, I walk behind her.
Ans smile.
"That's not my name"
I push with both hands on her back and watch her roll down thw stairs. She screams, and I wonder if there will be blood for me.
Father comes running at me, looking mad. I think he's gonna punish me, but it doesn't really matter. Because now I know this is the last time I go to bad men again.
I look up and take his hand in mine.
"Daddy? Will you play with me?"

Elizabeth's point of view.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only thirteen year old who still gets punished.  But maybe I am the only one who gets this kind of punishment.
  Mother has taken off the demons out of me again. She turned into church time before, after batshit crazy Mina threw her at the stairs (As if one already wasn't enough). When she woke up and started blaming on us, we had to play our cards very well. I wanted to get Sang out there because she was as innocent as it could get and I knew when everythin was done I could return to my barbies again with no worries. On the other hand, Mina wanted to stay. I had always known she was driven by anger, but after the stairs incident I learn she was also driven by revenge. If there is something in this world she wants, that's blood from the people who hurt us growing up.
I told her she couldn't be out, and that was the day when we stopped comminicating and we fought everyday for our body. Mina was stronger than me, but I wasn't ready to give up just yet. I felt a special bond with Sang. I worried! I loved her.
And I did everything I could to keep the psycho in and take over myself. Sometimes like last night when mother tortured us Mina would come up and fight with claws and teeth. And then she stayed for hours, because she never wanted to leave. She wanted more blood.
  In the years Mina and I fought for control (me losing most of the time) I barely saw Sang. My little sister. And I promised myself I would bring her back one day. But before that, I had to solve who would be out there when mother said at the hospital her eight year old threw her down the stairs and social services appeared at our door wanting to see us. I was nervous for Sang to be here, lost and confused, Mina would kill her, and I knew I wouldn't be able to lie. It's just now that I've developed my lying skills. And I gotta say they were the most beautiful thing ever.
  Desperate times required deaperate messures.
I let Shannon out. And getting her back in? Fucking anoyinng.

Sang's Point of view.
Time before.

I'm fourteen now and I start to feel Elizabeth's feeling turning to anger. She had taken over before, but this time she left me in for a week. When I wrote to her in the diary, she told me I should be thankful because all that she did, she did to protect me.
  But I don't understand what that meant. What had the dark clothes and reckless atitude had nothing to do with protecting me? It didn't. Mother would come sometimes to punish me for things I hadn't done.
  Once mother said the weirdest thing, when she was strong enough to stand and make me pay. She was diagnosticated with Cancer when I was twelve or so.
"God will never forgive you, Shannon!"
I was confussed, but dad had said her pills confusses her too and sometimes she saw things there wasn't there.
I vaguely remember mother slapping me and making me kneel on rice. The next thing I remember is of the next day with bruised knees a bible on my side. When I went out to the kitchen, mother was asleep, father not home and Marie ignoring me. A
She always looked at me like I was some kind of intruder. And for more that I'd ask, I never knew why.
  A year later, mother died.