Chapter 6: The Evil Twin.

When I open my eyes again, I'm in my room. How am I in my room? I don't remember getting here. The last thing I recall is burying the money.
I sit down and take the covers away from me. My legs are covered with dirt, except that it's not only my legs: When I look closely, I see my clothes, arms and neck. I'm all covered with dirt. Even under my nails.

It makes sense: I caved for a long time, but I don't remember getting this dirty. I don't even see one clean spot.

What?

Looking at the window, I see the sun shining bright. Wait. What time is it?

I glance at the alarm, that says it's ... 2:35? I missed school?

Then, I know.

Elizabeth.

I get down onto the ground quickly, taking off the wood and the diary. Opening it, I look for the message she surely had to leave me.

Stop looking through my stuff, Sang. I warn you.

I feel like I can't breathe. She came here, again, and took over my body, again.

I take a pen from my backpack abd write down.

What have you done? Why do you have this money? How did you get it? Am I in danger? Why have you done this?

I keep staring at the message, as if for some magic act her answer would appear below. No. She has to come. And I'm afraid of that, but I also know I want an answer.

I hide the notebook again and sit on the floor, my legs on my chest, looking at the piece of wood.

  I lost school today. Maybe the administratives will call dad and maybe I'll get in trouble for disturbing him. I also think about the new boys who invited me very kindly to sit with them at lunch. I wonder if they noticed I wasn't there today. I wonder if they are worried I got sick, or if they even thought about me.

Please, let them notice.

Please, let them care .

  So I lie down there, in the floor, praying to the unknown for those strangers boys. For them not to change their mind, for them to care. To give me a chance.

  It's until then when I realize how lonely and sad I am. How apart from the real world I have been all this time. But I'm holding on. And I will until I can.

Silas' point of view.

"Where is that girl?" North says, as if she were something annoying. But I know better. I'm his best friend, after all.

She's touched something in us. And we don't know what to do with it.

"Isn't she here yet?" Kota says, glancing at his clock for third time. Classes are gonna finish soon.

"Where were you this morning, anyway?" Nathan asks, frowning upon his apple. He passes it to North and grabs Luke's chips. North takes them and hides them in his backpack, giving the apple back to Nathan.

"My chips!" Luke cries.

"Shame" Is North's answer.

"Sorry you had to wait" Kota says to Nathan "Something happened this morning".

"Were you glued to your sheets?" I ask him, bitting the sandwich in my hands. North made sure it had lettuce and stuff like that. Bacon? None of that. That's not a sandwich.

"She's unburying it" Kota says out of sudden, like if it just came to his mind.

Victor titls his head.