Chapter 41: One Down.

I love to feel the sun kissing my face, showering me.
"Have you ever seen something so wonderful?" I ask.
I sit straight after the silence and take the cup of coffee from the table. This little coffee shop is so cozy, with all the roses and italian winds.
"I feel like I love Italy" I announce to my partner. When I look up, I see a reflection of me. Like a mirror.
"Who wouldn't? Italy is maybe the center of religion. The Vatican is a dream, isn't it?"
"A dream..." I sip from my mug and smile at her. She smiles back softly.
"Sang?"
"Hmmm?"
"It's time"
"Time for what?"
"It's time for me to go"
"But... It's Italy! Where would you want to go?"
She leans on the table.
"Sang. We're not in Italy"
I laugh.
"What?"
"Think, Sang. How did you get here?"
I look around setting the mug down. I try to look at the people, but their faces are a little bit blurry.
I know I'm dreaming.
Then, we're not at the coffee shop anymore. I'm trying to fly from the ground and reach the rooftop, but I don't reach that high.
"Sang. Sang"
"It's so hard"
"Sang, I'm fading"
She appears next to me, far from the ground.
"What? Shannon?"
I know. Somehow.
"Yes. I'm sorry, Sang. For everything I've done"
"You're leaving?"
She nods.
"Why? Why now?"
"I came here because you needed to believe in something. But now, you do. You believe in The Academy to cure you, and that's why I'm fading..."
"But..."
"Remember what I did to Marie"
"Marie... She was mean"
"So did I. But I'll be up there with him. He's given me another chance, and to you too. Heal, Sang. Believe in medicine. Believe in yourself. I was never ment to stay"
"Will you be okay?"
She smiles.
"I'll be perfect. And so will you
You don't need me anymore. You don't need me to believe for you"
She smiles and reaches for my hand.

I wake up with a jump, and then silence. My roomate sleeps deep on the other side of the room and the moon is high on the window.
Shannon is gone.
It was a dream, just a dream, but I know it. Something similar happpened with Jojo. Am I crazy? No. No, I know. It's knowledge: The only thing you cannot take back from anyone. You can go back to ignorance, erase it as such. I know. I just know.
She's left.
Shannon doesn't live here anymore.
First, fear. Fear like I've experimented in bad ocasions before, unstoppable, breathless. Fear in it's purest ways.
And then, relief. Relief that she's gone. She didn't want to be here, not really. She couldn't handle have killed Marie, and I couldn't handle having the murderer of my sister inside me. Relief, because this is the proof of me getting better, because this is the moment where I know everything is coming to an end.
It has started.

I thought I'd give you a very very small chapter. I just couldn't picture it being part of a larger chapter. It had to be just... there. And here it is.