Before

"Yo' baby, wanna hit up the club tonight?" Dedrick asked me, as we were standing still in the hallway, as the other busy bodies were roaming around, trying to get to class on time, nor like me and Dedrick.

"Should I?" I questioned him. Dedrick had placed his hands on my hips, while I blurred all the noise out of the background and all the noise that was going on around me. As much as the other girls hated me, because I was with their dream man, they didn't have nothin' on me. Nothing! I looked lost into his eyes.

"Well, I think you should."

"Babe, I don't have anything to wear," I replied, with a pout.

 He took his hand and lifted my chin up, "Now baby, I don't know why you worry about stuff like that, when you know that I'll take care of you. What if I took you to the mall, while everyone else is at lunch?" he offered.

"You would? You would do that for me, baby?" I asked.

"Yeah baby. Why wouldn't I?"he leaned down to give me a kiss and when I brought myself back to reality, I took a glance at the clock that was hanging up in the hallway, I realized that I should be getting to class, "Babe, I gotta go. I'm going to be late, and I can't really afford that and you know you can't either," I tapped his chest with my index finger, with every syllable that tapped off my tongue. 

"I know baby," I turned away and started to walk in the direction of my next class of the day, "My baby's always keeping me on track," he yelled back at me. I threw my head back and popped my beautiful smile back at him. The smile that he loves so much!

      I guess it would be about right if I introduced myself, right? Okay, well I won't say I'm shy, but I do have a tendency to keep my voice on the low. But when it comes to certain things that I'm feeling pretty strong about, I usually let a word or two fly out, but other than that, I keep to myself. See, I don't know how I got the one guy, every girl in the school yearns for, but I did. He's not one to throw back out into the pond. Yes, he's a thug, but he has a loving heart, okay? To me it's what's on the inside is what counts, not the outside. He takes very good care of me. 

     Yeah, my group of friends, they're kind of like the people you just set with at lunch, because you don't want to sit alone, but that was all on them. See, I didn't mind sitting on my own, but they urged me to come over and sit with them. Honestly, I rather just be in the books and read all day, than gossip or get high or you know, have fun!

      I'm a mixed girl. Black and white. Curves, boobs, and butt, yes I have it all. See, I think that's how I got Dedrick. He's not like me, going for the personality. It's kind of like he just goes for what the outside looks like. But I can say that I put on the good girl act, while I'm not behind closed doors with Dedrick. If you can get that hint! Well, that's Shontelle for you! That's me!

      "Hey girl, you gonna eat lunch with us today or are you gonna go stick with your man?" my friend, Kiarra asked. She had her arms crossed over her big boosted chest, resting her arms on the cafeteria table at the same time. Kiarra, oh yeah, I can't lie. She drags the guys in too. She's pretty. She has curly hair and hazel eyes. Goes great with her light skin. Her personality grabs guys, quickly. Very charming, very sweet, but let me tell ya', she'll tease them like crazy! Like a little boy toy! Grabs them and then drops them, but they come back bouncing like balls. Crazy! I don't do boy toy games, like her. There's no way!

 "Girl, Dedrick is taking me to the mall to get a couple of things for what we got planned tonight," I answered her.

"What you talkin' about?" she wondered.

"Dedrick said that he would love to take me to the club tonight," I shrugged my shoulders, with a smile on my face, dimples showing. Then my shoulders fell and my smile faded, as her facial expression switched, "Is there something wrong with that?" I asked, confused.

"It depends on what club he's planning on taking you to."

"I honestly don't know which one, but he usually talks about the one downtown, so I'm guessing that's the only one he knows about."

"Are you serious right now?" I scrunched up my face, started to get really confused. Why was she making a big deal out of this?

"What's wrong with it?" I wondered. She let out a ridiculous short laugh, "Shontelle, have you not heard of the stories about that place?" she asked.

"Obviously I haven't."

"I'm sure you'll make one tonight."

"Okay, I'm done with this conversation," I walked away from the table.

      I felt a hand gripping onto my arm, pulling me to their attention, "Look, Shontelle. I know you don't want to listen to me, but trust me okay? I've been there and I've witnessed some things. Please don't go, because it's not safe. Okay? Listen to me for once," Kiarra warned me.

I shook my head, "There's a first time for everything, right?" I loosened from her grip and walked on.