Before

I stood in front of Dedrick and the unknown girl. I had a smile on my face. A proud and happy one at that! "You found a new one, huh?" I asked. I don't know where the this bravery come from, but it was out. I had planted my hands on my hips. The girl looked at me, with a confused look, "Who are you?" she said, with a smart attitude.

"I'm his used to be girlfriend, but from the looks of what I'm seein', he's made himself a new one. I think I'm just going to get out of ya'lls way," then I turned my attention back to Dedrick, "Oh' and don't expect to hear from me again. I'm getting my things and I'm leaving tonight," I walked away from them, as I remembered what I had told The Guy. I turned back around, "Um, and just to let you know, whatever your name is," pointing to the girl, "he's going to make your life miserable. So, you might wanna take this time to realize that you're not in a safe place. Or...or, just do what you do, but if you like being beaten' on a daily basis, then you might want to take my word," I said. She gave me a wincing smile and started kissing on Dedrick, like she didn't hear one word that came out my mouth. But all I know is that this isn't going to be my life anymore. At least I warned the girl. I mean I think that's all I can really do.