Before

I found Kiarra standing out in the hallway in the middle of a swarm of guys. I walked up behind a guy that was covering her. I caught a quick glimpse of her grinding on some guy. It was the basketball captain. Go figure. Really, you would've thought that we were in high school again, watching her do this. I made my way through the chaos and grabbed Kiarra's wrist. At first she started to get all offensive, showing off that attitude of hers, until she saw who it was grabbing at her, "When did you get here, girl?" she asked, playing dumb.

"Just a second ago. Obviously you've been here for awhile," I motioned toward the group of guys that were still gawking at her, watching her every move, "Enough time for you to be grinding on some guy. Girl, do you even know him?"

"Yeah. I met him at the party last night. Girl, he gave me a wonderful night and he wants me to come to a party that he's got going tomorrow night."

      As we were speaking of the devil, he was coming our way. He wrapped his arm around Kiarra's neck, "Hey girl, who's this?" he asked, pointing to me.

"My name is Shontelle and I'm Kiarra's best friend and I already know who you are, so you ain't gotta explain."

"Whoa! You're a feisty one, huh? I gotta couple of friends that'll like that. Hey, why don't come to my party tomorrow night. We finna' get turnt up," he explained.

"Okay, I'll try," I said, but I know I didn't sound too promising.

Kiarra turned his way, "She'll be there hot and ready," she said, so she could make it official.