Before

I was sitting in my last class for the day. I got there early, so that I could hit up the vending machines, before class. Stack up on some snacks. As I was waiting for other students to show up, I sat there, doodling in my journal, that kept all my notes. I was bored, okay? Then it was about that time for the bell to ring and when it did, students started to fill the room.

      Once, class had started I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around, "Hmm?" I asked, quietly so that the teacher wouldn't hear me.

" Hey, are you going to Steven's party tomorrow night?" he asked.

"Yeah, sadly."

"Why you say that?"

"Cause I don't want to, but I'm going for my friend," I explained.

"Who's your friend?" he wondered.

"Kiarra. I'm sure you know her."

"Was she the one grinding up on Steven?" he asked.

"You saw that?" I asked, surprised, "I'm sorry. Yeah, that was her."

"They together or somethin'?"

"Of what I know, no," I answered. Mr. Richards brought himself to the front of the room, so I decided that it would be best to quiet myself down and pay attention.

      About five minutes into class, I felt another tap on my shoulder. What was up with this guy? What did he want from me? He motioned to the floor, making me see that there was a note on the floor from him to me.