Chapter 16: Goodbyes

Start from the beginning

“Okay, so you’ve all got everything?Nickolette says worriedly, glancing towards the giant wall clock for the umpteenth time.

"YES!!!” Louis yells before making eye contact with me. Slowly I shake my head, indicating the few…surprise items we’d left behind ‘accidently’, “….Uh….Maybe…”

“Great, now I have to worry about finding your dirty boxers all over my place. That’s real nice of you two.” Nickolette groans, not breaking her stride.

I hold my hands up in mock innocence, “What makes you think it was us?”

“Isn’t it always you?” She says, trying to force out a smile, though it comes out as more of a grimace, “Besides, Louis made it pretty obvious.”

“Oops.” Louis mutters and I reach over to flick him on the head, “OW! What was that for?”

“For ruining the ‘surprise’.” I say, using imaginary quotation marks at the surprise.

Louis sticks his tongue out at me and I just roll my eyes. Real mature Lou, real mature. Would I ever do something like that? What? No… I don’t stick my tongue out….nope….

“Hey guys! I got beer!” Niall announces, appearing around the corner holding a six-pack in one hand and dragging a mopey Zayn behind him in another. Poor guy, he’s been completely out of it ever since that phone call, and I don’t blame him. If Gemma was the one in trouble, I’m sure my reaction would be a hell of a lot worse than his. But right now, I’m not the one with a sister being held hostage, Zayn is, and nothing we’ve tried has been able to pull him back out of this cloud of misery he’s been sitting in for the past 2 days after the whole restaurant ordeal. Well, he did crack a ghost of a smile when Niall turned around and ran face-first into the wall, but c’mon, I’m not seriously injuring and making a complete idiot out of myself because it’ll make Zayn happy.

“Leave it to the Irish one to find the alcohol.” Louis says sarcastically to no one in particular.

Niall glares at Louis “For now I will ignore the racism Tomlinson.” He says, causing Louis to look around innocently. Of course…..always sticking the blame on someone else. I swear if I ever get a chance to get him back for the pineapple incident…I will.

(A/N: I shall go into more detail about this elusive ‘Pineapple Incident’ later….. ;)

“How’d you manage to get that?” Nickolette asks, finally ceasing her pacing, “I thought you weren’t allowed any alcoholic beverages in an airport?”

“You aren’t allowed any alcohol in a plane, as long as we drink these here, they can’t do anything.” Niall beams, unpacking the case and holding one of the cans up for added effect, “Besides, I’m not getting rid of these, I had to drag Zayn all the way to some fancy wine place a block away from here.”

Louis’ right, leave it to the Irish one to go hunting for beer.

“Well then, I propose a toast!” Louis says, snatching the can out of Niall’s grasp and holding it in the air, “To….uh….home!!!”

“But we can’t start without Liam!” Zayn interjects. I smile at the raven-haired lad, happy that he’s feeling better enough to engage in real life, and send out a silent ‘Good job mate.” At him through my eyes. Thanks to the creepy telepathic link that runs in One Direction -hehe, it’s funny because our band name is One Direction….I have a weird sense of humor- he seems to receive my message and nods his head in thank you in response.

“What can’t we start without me?” Liam asks, materializing out of the crowd and taking a seat on his suitcase.

Niall throws a beer can at Liam who, caught off guard, nearly falls off his bag. Louis and I snicker, oh poor uncoordinated Liam, “A toast!” the Irish boy says, handing a can to Zayn before tossing ones to Nickolette and then to me. Thankfully, I was much more prepared than Liam and don’t fall flat on my ass.