Prolouge (Edited)

My name is Celina Birch, I have long wavy light brown hair, pale green eyes, a small nose, and full lips. I am tan though still on the pale side despite my many outdoor activities. I often hunt or fish for both sport and pleasure. I have won many awards for both such as biggest catch or game, or most game or fish caught, I also am very athletic and tend to have a very busy schedule. I do fencing, archery, kickboxing, judo, and many other martial arts. I have won awards for all of them and yet still get perfect grades with seemingly no effort, at least that's what my siblings always say when they step away from their electronics for a moment too actually pay attention to the world.

My adoptive dad, David, has tried to teach me all he knows about what I call my fascination of all things sharp and pointy, he calls an obsession to be the best at anything I do. I must admit that may be very true but what can you do when you are just that good.

My most recent 'obsession' is the reactions of chemicals and how to make different things and new things, Mr. Charles, my chemistry teacher hates me very much no matter how easily I do the experiments he assigns, most likely because if I finish early, I tend to experiment with the given materials and it often results in damage to the school. Much to my joy, and Mr. Charles's disappointment, the principle, Mrs. Heathrow, has a large soft spot for me ever since I defended her twig-like son from a group of honestly rather large male students, who had decided it was his fault they were getting suspended for having drugs at school.

I often tell her that anyone would have done the same, though I'm not exactly sure about that considering the rest of the students just kind of stood there and watched, that and the fact that I absolutely hate bullies. I mean so what if your insecure or depressed go kickboxing or right sad songs no need to take it out on a helpless student.

Anyway back to the fact that most of my experiments result in small explosions that damage school property, that most likely is due to the fact that I combine chemistry and herbology, much to Mr. Charles's anger considering he doesn't consider herbology a science, the funny thing is I get the most astonishing results before it reacts with something in the air or something accidently gets dropped into the mixture disturbing the delicate balance, or one of my siblings, most likely my brother, decide to play a prank and purposely add something into it so it explodes or something equally devastating and thus resulting in me getting the blame.

I have two siblings; Alex and Sydney, both of which are sixteen considering we are triplets, which if you didn't know means we were all born on the same day. Alex I'm very said to say is a player with his blonde hair, blue eyes, muscular body, and grudgingly handsome face, it isn't a surprise as to how he has so many girls at his beck and call. Which is horrible because then I get some girls trying to be friends with me because he is my brother and hoping that will get him to notice them, which sucks for them because he knows anyone remotely my friend is off limits.

My sister, Sydney, is blonde, blue eyed, pale skinned, and tends to always be either on her phone or out partying with the people she calls 'good friends' but to be honest most of them are very rude and always have too much makeup on their faces, we all know what that means considering my sister is the typical skinny, perky, cheerleading type that always has to get Starbucks and has a better relationship with her phone then she does with anybody else.

Soon in my life everything changes as I find out I come from a bloodline of mythical creatures most people in the know call 'Shifters'. Most would believe that is something like werewolves and the animal you become is hereditary, but that is not the truth. Yes, some bloodlines lean more towards a certain class or type of animal, but it has as much to do with who you are on the inside as it does with what's in your blood.

I soon receive a letter that it turns out is an invitation to an special academy, a Shifter Academy. In this letter it states that there is five classification of shifters; the birds, the felines, the canines, the flying creatures, and the water creatures. There is usually three to six types of shifters in each class.

The Birds; Eagles, Falcons, Vultures, and Ravens.

The Felines; Snow Leopards, Panthers, Cheetahs, Tigers, Cougars, and Lions.

The Canines; Wolves, Arctic Foxes, Red Foxes, Coyotes, and Hyenas.

The Flying Creatures; Dragons, Pegasus's, Phoenixes, Thunder Birds, and Hippogriffs.

The Water Creatures; Mermaids, Sirens, and Kelpies.

There are only twenty-three types of shifters, according to the letter there used to be more but many of those bloodlines have gone extinct and nobody seems to have the correct personality for other ones as these ones are the most common to come up, I guess it's too bad I didn't know there was one more shifter type.